Thread for BSMD Applicants 2019

@cy2019bsmd Congratulations and good luck on the interview.

@BigMan1234 Rpi and penn state are still showing under review status.Lets hope for the best !

@CTS2027 so if i am forwarded to next step of application, I should receive supplementals prior to 12/21?

@123wz321 Yes, that is what I could gather from AMC admissions. You can always call them to double check. I received my supplemental on November 19th but I took the CASPer test on October 25th so I am not sure if that had anything to do with it. The supplemental was due in a week after I received it. When did you take your CASPer test?

@123wz321 I also wanted to mention that none of my friends who took the CASPer test on November 20th have received the supplemental. Although the CASPer test does not go to RPI, and it is only used to determine if you get called for an interview or not, I suspect that they are rolling out supplementals by CASPer test date.

@abc4063

Haven’t decided yet. It seems like a good program from what I’ve heard, but again the quality of education there leaves much to be desired.

@redcloud17
My friend applied and was accepted last year, she said 250 words.

Do you think mentioning my aspiration to become a surgeon in the essays will come off as too forward? I thought about mentioning it but am not sure if it will help or hurtme.

When do UMKC, Rutgers, Rochester, SBU, and BU interview results come out?

@CTS2027 How do you know that the CASPer is only used for interview selection?

GAP Pitt and W&J supplemental application are out.

My son’s application of Union/AMC and PenState are still under review. Let’s see how it goes… We’re OOS (California)

@Cherax
It is written on RPI and AMC website.

@neurochic
Without knowing your complete profile, it is not possible to say if adding that you want to be become a surgeon is brilliant, indifferent or better left out.

Hi when did you receive the email for the lksom supplemental? Thx

@sunitacarmen
We received it this afternoon.

@neurochic If you are to mention it, I would suggest making it clear that you have an open mind. Underline the fact that you are set on becoming a physician and aspire to become a surgeon, but still have a lot to learn and are open to other options.

What are some other upcoming release dates?

@Cherax Hopefully RPI-AMC and BU interview dates (both rolling basis) starting this month, and possibly UAB.

Got a notification on the 30th that my Union application was forwarded to AMC as well as an offer of admission to Union with the Presidential scholarship. Does anyone know when the additional supplement is normally due?

@onceand4all
May I know when did you take your CASPer test???