Thread for BSMD Applicants 2019

@RedMan108 How would UAB notifications come out this month, as I though their deadline was December 17th?

@BigMan1234 it’s just an estimate based on what I recall reading from last year thread. I am with most of you going through this process for the first time. Let us hope that we all receive few interview calls by end of this year or early Jan.

@Cherax Rochester updated my D application portal to request alumini interview.Its on Dec 24th.Looks like the alumni is a big name affliated with the university.So this interview will be very important for my D.Did anyone got the interview updates for Rochester ?

@whitecane, I have one today with Rochester, it’s again to demonstrate interest only and may not have any impact on BSMD decision. I also had one with Brown alumni.

@hoop897 I took it on November 20th. I don’t think CASPer has any bearing on the undergraduate portion of decisions

@RedMan108 Was yours an in-person interview?

@onceand4all You’re right, CASPer does not affect the undergraduate decision. I applied to the RPI program and received my supplement on November 19th. The supplement was due in a week afterwards, so I had until November 26th. I would imagine that the timeline is the same for the Union program as the supplement is sent by AMC.

@onceand4all

My D submitted the application on October 19… Thx

@oceand4all yes, in-person

My son’s Union app also forward to AMC. He applied Nov/13 and took CasPer on Nov/20. Gl to all

Notification came today that my D Union application was forwarded to AMC as well as an offer of admission to Union with the Presidential scholarship. Letter says “Albany Medical College will be in touch with you within the next two weeks to describe the next steps in the application process”.

Applied on 11/10 (Common App) and took Casper test on 11/20

Congrats! Did the notification from Union/AMC come via email or postal mail? -thx

You receive an email said that there is status update in the portal.

How are people getting interview notifications for Penn State if we could not have applied early action for the PMM program? Or is the interview notification separate from regular admissions?

@BigMan1234 as I understand, in Penn by selecting intended major “Premedical-Medical (Accelerated Program)” automatically puts you in a different queue for processing for UG.

Can someone please confirm if we have to choose early action for Penn? @cy2019bsmd

What are y’all uploading in the “Extra Uploads” section of the second HPME app? Not sure what else to put…

@medgirl6,

Some examples, one can upload a full research paper, published or not, a poster made as part of a summer research program, a power point presentation you may have presented at the conclusion of some program or project (not in the school though), a video clip of a biomedical instrumentation you may have worked on, a visual design and description of your team’s work in that robotics competition … Anything that can convey the impact of your work in more visual and descriptive way. No guarantees that they will go through that patiently for every applicant, but most likely it helps, especially if they have to decide on which single candidate to invite out of 4 equally well qualified applicants.

"… Anything that can convey the impact of your work in more visual and descriptive way. "

Should have added the word enthusiasm after impact above.

Did anybody apply to Siena and if so have you received any information?

Hi @NoviceDad , @rk2017 , @GreenPoison

My son S has applied for couple BS/MD programs, his stats are ACT 35, SAT Chem 770, SAT Math 800
Has lot of extracurricular including two humanitarian and medical missions abroad, physician shadowing and 2 research abstracts submitted to national meetings.
He is also a National Merit Semifinalist and scored high on recent SAT and will become a National Merit Finalist in Feb/Mar 2019

Just want to know what are his chances of getting an interview and acceptance to BS/MD Programs.

Thanks