Thread for BSMD Applicants 2019

@medgirl6 same here, love PPSP program at CWRU. hope to get an interview!

@rjqz18 @GoldenRock @grtd2010 @rk2017

WashU actually ā€œencouragesā€ to apply outside - but you need to speak with students there to find out the exact process.

Agree with @rk2017 that getting >=3.8 at WashU is a lot harder.

Note: NU HPME has been increasing their GPA requirements for the past 3-4 years. If they continue to do at the same rate, they risk becoming an unattractive program like WashU.

Any feedback on Stevens/NJMS GPA, MCAT. Is this a guaranteed program?

@onceand4all
Stonybrook?
They offer scholarships

@NoviceDad,

The one reason WashU may still be attractive/viable is if they give full ride or substantial merit or need based awards for this program. Then one can still give it a shot and see if they can actually matriculate. They still stand a risk of not doing well and may have to completely drop their plans of pursuing medicine as a career altogether (happened to a student I am acquainted with indirectly, though she wasnā€™t in this program but their tough BME major).

[QUOTE=""]
Anyone got interview from St. Bonaventure for BSMD? I got one today!

[/QUOTE]

Congrats! How did they notify? thx

Email just got today!

@bsmdonly is that interview for UG? I heard they do UG interview first and then forward to MD school for further screening and interview?

Nothing yet!! Trying to understand the program as lot has been talked about Rice, Northeastern PreMed programs

UG interview only, hope they forward to GW!

Is it pre-req to attend UG interview at St Bona for forwarding to GW? Bse it is 2 day trip for us.

@GoldenRock , @NoviceDad ā€¦ Any information on SLU Medical Scholers program, is it a guaranteed BSMD program?

@medgirl6 did you applied ED or EA @CWRU?

SLU is not guaranteed

@brown2024 I went to visit both campuses and honestly was really confused on which I wanted to apply to for undergrad for a few days, but I ultimately decided that as much as I love research, humanities is still extremely important for me and I couldnā€™t see myself sacrificing my love for English and writing by going to RPI. To me, the whole advantage of BS/MDs is having the opportunity to explore those interests rather than stifle them. Also, Unionā€™s MBA offering is pretty neat - as much research as Iā€™ve done, Iā€™ve also had the same amount of leadership/service, and Iā€™m much more likely to pursue a healthcare management position in my future than be a physician-scientist.

Not applying to Penn honestly came down to not having it on my list early on and not having the energy to rush the extra application and teacher recs a few weeks before. Also the chances seemed too slim (I already applied to so many ā€œhigh-tierā€ BS/MDs) and I was already burning out from doing other apps.

@rk2017 Thank you! I ended up not applying to Trusteeā€™s because I thought I didnā€™t have a shot with my scores and decided to focus on other apps instead. The Stanford acceptance is making me regret not applying lol but honestly the BU program doesnā€™t seem as appealing to me as it did my sophomore/junior year anyway, especially since all the other BS/MDs of the same tier waive the MCAT while Boston doesnā€™t

@NoviceDad Havenā€™t applied and probably wonā€™t. Thought my chances were too slim as an OOS and I think the extra $20K I have to pay as an OOS will probably balance out the merit aid. Also, there is honestly nothing especially compelling about Stony Brookā€™s program that would make me choose it over my dream school. I think I would rather grind hard in my undergrad somewhere where Iā€™d be happy than have the freedom to slack off a little bit more but be somewhere where I know I wouldnā€™t enjoy

Thank you @RedMan108 and @rk2017 !

@bsmdonly Best of luck, friend! It def seems like a great program, fingers crossed :slight_smile:

Neither, I just applied RD. @Gjessi2020

@DSOF20192023 Yes, it is required. That program has two interviews and the one referred to is the first.