Thread for BSMD Applicants 2019

Union sent an email last week that my app was forwarded to AMC, however, I’m yet to receive a supplement. Question1: Am I guaranteed to receive a supplement just because my app was forwarded to AMC? Question2: Does the supplement appear on the Union portal or elsewhere ? Thx

@sunitacarmen I recall reading somewhere that AMC sends supplementals to 80% of the applicants forwarded by RPI and other feeder schools. We received supplementals directly from AMC (applied to RPI-AMC). Again, there is no set rule for these numbers/percentages as it varies from year to year. Good luck!

D recieved her AMC supplement yesterday, through Union. What a lot of work for 7 days!

Did anyone hear back from Siena/AMC yet? And any advice for Rutgers phone interview? Thank you!

Looks like many who applied through RPI received supplemental.Can anyone shed some light under what circumstances supplemental might be rejected from AMC in D case?

@whitecane, D got rejected from RPI for same reason as yours, in our case , D doesn’t have any research, that’s what I am thinking as a drawback.

@whitecane In general, AMC looks for strong medical research and leadership experience. Of course, the feeder schools like RPI, Siena etc. might use GPA/scores etc. as criteria to filter what send to AMC.

@cy2019bsmd
@GoldenStateDad

Probably…D unweighted gpa might be the drawback as she has good test scores,leadership and strong research. :frowning:

@whitecane, @GoldenStateDad, @cy2019bsmd,

My take on that is RPI may be filtering out mostly on GPA, say only > 3.8 uw, even if they themselves like the background of the candidate. Where they set the threshold can vary from year to year. Since they know AMC is gpa obsessed (irrespective of how strong your school or curriculum may have been) and chances of someone below certain level making it there will be slim.

thanks @TTV2018

@GoldenStateDad Does AMC looks for different qualities coming from different colleges (RPI - research, UNION - leadership, Sienna-service) or is it colleges pick those candidates matching with their school.

@gallentjill

Hi, just a clarification. Did you receive an email from union or directly from amc with the supplemental information? Also, when did you receive unions notification that your app had been forwarded to amc? Thx

@sunitacarmen yday email came from AMC to login into their site for supplemental info. We received a week back from Union about forwarding to AMC.

@sunitacarmen For us it was the same as @DSOF20192023. Email came yesterday from AMC. Notice from Union a week ago.

1. Got AMC/Union Supplementals through email Augusta Invite for Supplementals through email SBU for the first round of interview through email
  2. Talked to Pen State and get confirmation that we will get yes/no by the end of next week. FYI. Good luck everyone.

Has anyone heard anything from Hofstra?

@123wz321 @ongnge - do you know if Augusta admits any OOS? Any stats you may have? (applied Vs admitted for IS and OOS)

@DSOF20192023 Yes Augusta does says on their website

Any help with Rutgers telephone interview we got a call for an interview.

Did anyone hear from TCNJ yet?

@DSOF20192023 We’re OOS. They accept the OOS, but give the in state higher priority. I don’t have any stats, but just give it a try to see if it works.