Thread for BSMD Applicants 2019

Penn state rejection - status update in web site.

@GoldenStateDad Did you know if ED and EA they come on same day?

Drexel forward my son’s application to Medical School

@Gjessi2020

CWRU does not allow EA (and I guess ED as well) for their PPSP program. If you applied for non-restrictive EA, they will change it to RD and track it with their RD timelines.

In case you applied for EA/ED and did not hear from CWSR that they moved you to RD, you may want to call them to confirm the status of your application.

While CC is a great forum with knowledgeable experts, when in doubt I suggest calling the program office directly to confirm.

@whitecane,
While PennState is a great global brand and their honors college should be really good with plenty of research and other opportunities, being a state college they are most likely not going to give any decent financial awards for OOS. Depending on your location, you are probably better off finding a similarly reputed institution either in state or closer to home even if not in state.

@ongne Drexel also forwarded my son’s to Medical school . Based on last year timeline anyone know long it will take to get interview letters from this point?

@ongnge
@ Gjessi2020

Did Drexel send an email to notify that the app was forwarded to medschool? thx

@sunitacarmen They send us an email for status update. Check the portal and see the notification. Just paid the application fee.

@Gjessi2020 I think the interview date is around Feb/6 from previous thread in this forum. I’m not sure about the interview notification.

Same

@Gjessi2020 The notification date is “Late January – Applicants will be notified by email regarding whether or not they will be invited for an interview.” from https://drexel.edu/undergrad/apply/freshmen-instructions/accelerated/

@ongnge

Drexel portal still says “Your application for the BA/BS + MD (Medicine) program is currently in review.”

Did your portal status change from the above to something else?

Checked PSU website and we did not get an interview for Accelerated Medicine Progeam…?:frowning:

@GoldenStateDad two updates: bs is accepted and application is forwarded to md.

We also got the forwarded to md from drexel. Good luck everyone!

Penn State looks very tough - what is so unique about their program?

@rk2017
Thank you.D is still optimistic that she will get into some good programs if not Pennstate and RPI.Will wait until April and decide how to proceed with her med track.I am happy that she did not breakdown after few rejections and says that she is a phoenix bird that rises from the ashes ?

Is getting forwarded to the Drexel Medical School good? or do most applicants usually receive that?

Also for everyone that has been given an interview or was rejected from RPI, how did you find out? My portal has not changed at all

Anyone’s not forwarded to medical school for Drexel? Did they forward everyone’s application to Med school for review or any selection ?