Thread for BSMD Applicants 2019

Whosoever received BU interview, can you please mention your states…? Anyone from MA ?

@vmt1975 we are from IL state

@GoldenStateDad Did you hear anything from Drexel yet ?

Siena/AMC supplements are emailed. Does anyone know how many applications are forwarded each year?

If you don’t mind could you please share when BU interview dates ? Also wondering if SAT Foreign Language subject test required to get interview.

@JBourne5 Per BU web site foreign Lang SAT is recommended but not required.

@NoviceDad This year PSU had an unusually high number of accepted students who chose to enroll. I don’t know the exact number, but my guess would be around 45-47 students in my batch.

Thank you @ TheElusiveGod

Thank you @TheElusiveGod

hi-- current smed student here. last year, i believe bu had 4 interview dates jan-feb. 20 people interviewed each day for a total of 80 (which I believe was about 7% of all applicants). One interview with an undergrad prof, one with a doctor at the med school. 38 were accepted, 31 enrolled. do not worry if you have not received an interview notification, as it really is rolling and many did not receive their interview notification until mid-january.

Anyone got interviews for Drexel BS/MD yet?

Does anyone know anything about Purchase/SUNY Upstate program? It seems relatively new and I just can’t find any information. Thanks!

@threeslykids32 what types of questions do they ask?

@GoldenStateDad , @jbourne , BU interview date is Jan 25, I am not sure it is first round or second? , as per @threeslykids32 last year they had four interview dates.

@cy2019bsmd which state are you from ? Yesterday saw BU interviews for candidates from IL

@vmt1975 , from MI.

Thank You and Congratulations !!!

@GoldenStateDad Did you hear anything from Drexel yet ?

Hello, Based on the past year, any idea when UAB might send the interview invites?

@vmt1975 If one did not hear from Drexel yet confirming that they forwarded the app to med school for review, it is very likely that the applicant is not shortlisted for BSMD. They may still consider for UG.