Thread for BSMD Applicants 2019

@cy2019bsmd Thanks!

@GoldenStateDad thanks

@GoldenStateDad @NoviceDad we got a denial from AMC today… :((

@sajju786

Sorry to hear that. Good luck with BU interview and your pending in-state BSMD program. Hopefully, you will receive more in the coming weeks.

@sajju786 sorry to hear that, this is totally an unpredictable process

Yes we were hoping to get interview form Penn and RPI and not from BU and we got from BU and not from Penn and RPI… seems very strange process as to how programs call you for interview… 8-|

Thanks @GoldenStateDad and @ vmt1975

@sajju786 sorry to hear. But was it not very quick? How many days they took to decide after submitting supplements?

Update on UAB - Based on past years threads, looks like UAB sends out the interview invites by end of this month, or early Jan. and the actual interviews scheduled for the end of Jan/early Feb. Needless to day, preference is given to in-state.

@DSOF20192023 We submitted the AMC supplements on 12/15 ( Saturday) and they emailed us today on 12/19 in only 2 working days( Monday and Tuesday)…
I don’t know if they have already decided and wanted our money when we submitted the supplements… X(

@sajju786

Sorry to hear that. Good luck with BU interview and other programs.

Remember a few denials are part of the process.
It hurts when we get a denial but remember in the end you need 1 acceptance.

So hang in there and remain positive.

Reg AMC, someone else pointed out earlier that AMC tends to send out the supplementals and rejects within a few days after submission. I am not sure if it’s for fee as it’s not a significant amount, but I am more concerned about students spending time on supplementals (during senior year mid-term exams) and all the anxiety they go through. At least AMC is limiting to one feeder school from this year.

@GoldenStateDad yes my son has his mid-terms this week and poor guy worked on the AMC supplements over the weekend on Friday and Saturday…grrr

@NoviceDad that’s the hope he gets into one program and we will be done…

Finally, got a call from BU. Invited to the interview!

We expected to close the year with one but ended up getting three.

As a parent of a junior following this wonderful resourceful group - I think I need to come up with Plan A, B and C for next year!!

@sajju786

I believe I posted it this year- I received a rejection three days after submitting both supps to RPI and Union last year.

Safe to say, I was extremely pissed off- either AMC has the fastest admissions staff I’ve seen in my life, or they’re just sending out supplementals to people they will never interview just to make money.

@GreenPoison agree with you…

@GoldenStateDad which 3 places you got interviews form?

@GoldenStateDad Congratulations. What is your BU interview date

@sajju786 @vmt1975

DS is blessed to receive interviews from Penn State, RPI-AMC, and BU so far.

BU interview is on Jan 28

@GoldenStateDad …Hearty Congratulations to you and your family and happy holidays… :)>-