Thread for BSMD Applicants 2019

Regarding BU, as others mentioned 40 invites for interviews have been sent (Jan 25 and 28). 2 more dates will be added after new years and invites will be sent the 40 others. Likely interview dates Feb 1 and 4 or Feb 8 and 11. None of the other applicants will hear from them. If you did not hear from them by 1/18, consider that a rejection from BU BSMD SMED program. BU does not communicate unless you are invited to interview. After the interview there will be no communication till the general university acceptance date (March 16 or 23 of 2019). You will find out on the portal on the acceptance date if you have been accepted. This year they will likely accept ~30 from 80 invited applicants.

@GoldenStateDad

Thank you

@GoldenRock Some programs wait until APRIL to send out interview requests?!

@redcloud17 No. Interview notifications start from Dec and interviews takes place in Jan-March and final acceptances comes from Feb-Apr. If not mistaken, Rice/Baylor is the one, almost last in every step and interview may be end of March and final acceptance in Mid April.

Ah, thank you for clarifying.

@noregerts I donā€™t know if you already searched, but the list is post #1421 (http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/discussion/comment/21877132#Comment_21877132): decisions come from about 2/2 (UAB EMSAP) to about 4/22 (Rice/Baylor), with last interviews about 4/15 I think.

I received a call on December 21 Friday regarding interview on Jan 31 at BU

So far I got:

1. RPI/AMC interview
  2. SBUā€“undergrad interview
  3. Baylorā€“undergrad interview

Please share what everyone got as one message please

has anyone gotten a supplement from Siena/AMC ?

Wishing you and your family a very happy and prosperous 2019.
Hope you all achieve your dreams!

@tkd2002 No, I have not. Someone on this thread a few weeks ago posted that they had received an interview or something but Iā€™m skeptical.

Do any of the BS/MD schools have a separate scholarship application/deadline that anyone is aware of?

Has anyone heard back from TCNJ/NJMS

Do you think my results will be delayed/ I wonā€™t be considered for the program because my counselor hasnā€™t submitted anything yet? It says my application isnā€™t complete. I called them up and so I have to ask my counselor to send my first marking period grades but that wonā€™t be until January 7th. Like Iā€™m worried that itā€™s too late. Will that be an issue? People are already getting interview dates. @GoldenStateDad

does anyone know when umiami results come out for their HPM program?

or ucincinnatiā€™s program?

I have a similar situation; but based on someoneā€™s post a couple weeks ago (canā€™t remember whose, sorry), it looks like BU sends out the interview stuff regardless of our undergrad apps.

My school only sends out semester reports which arenā€™t ready til Jan 8-ish, so just gotta wait it out I guessā€¦ good luck!!

@remroll

For BU Interview invitations, senior year mid-term grades are NOT required. They probably will ask for the grades before making the final determination (after the interview). So, if your school has not submitted the mid-term report yet, nothing to worry about. As someone noted earlier, BU invites about 80 students per year for interviews that span across 4 interview days and looks like they already send invites to 3 interview days. So, hopefully, you will hear soon once they are back from the break. If one does not hear by Jan 18, it is very likely that they are not shortlisted for BU.

When do UCONN SPIM interview invites come out? Additionally, besides BU do all programs tell you officially if you are given an interview or not?

BU Interview dates so far Jan 25, 28 and Jan 31st.