Thread for BSMD Applicants 2019

@GoldenStateDad

Idk how to PM on mobile lol can you PM me? I’m attending PSU/Jeff on 1/16.

@vvtuav,

To be able to PM from your mobile, you need to switch to “Desktop site” mode on the upper right corner of your screen. Then you can go to the profile of the person you want to pm and you should see an option to Send message or something like that.

I think you need to cross a minimum threshold of 15 posts or so for that option to be enabled for you. Good luck with PSU/Jeff.

@Cherax I recently called uconn and they said interviews should come out early to mid February.

@rk2017 thank you

@vutuav

I sent you a PM.

From last year trend:

UAB - might release today.
VCU - Next week (01/10)

Good luck!

@GoldenStateDad Whats interesting is the vcu gmed website says that the admission committee meets in the 3rd week of january to decide interview decisions, yet last year it released on 01/10

@101study101, DD got honors admission to NJIT honors, but no word on BS/MD

UAB Medical Application status shows a red exclamation for Letters of Recommendation and Application Completed. Application shows that they received recommendations.

Anyone else has similar status?

I think Drexel is just collecting another $100 , I think all applications are being forwarded to med school , it seems like a standard procedure

@diaash

Last year Drexel received over 3k applications and about 800 were forwarded to the medical school.
I believe about 100 were called for interviews over 4-5 days.

@DSOF20192023 - you should call UAB med school ASAP. Application shows 100% complete when you fill in all the sections. But, the red exclamation is the status update from their side confirming that the application is incomplete because of the missing recommendations. You definitely should call and sort it out. Its hard to get them on phone but keep trying until you get someone. All the best!!

@DSOF20192023 My status shows all application submitted, application received, recommendations as complete

@novicedad, do you know how many students Drexel accept in those 100 they interview?

@bsmdseekerskg
I believe it was ~ 60.
Not sure how many actually accepted and how that will impact yield this year.

@ZacharyGelfond do you know what time last year UAB EMSAP emails were given (afternoon or evening?)

Nervous now…

@Cherax whats your stats/ecs?

Do colleges conduct interviews during February break ?

@RUA - thank you. My D says she called several times earlier but could not get them.

After couple of tries, today one person from UG admissions said our application was not considered and they can not do anything about it as medical school already made decisions. After some more probing was given another person’s contact. That person says their web site shows application was 100% complete and should have been considered. They may come out with interview shortlist today.

So until we get a Yes or No, my D would not know if she was even considered. So many variations in these BS/MD admissions.