Turing Class of 2026

We saw that as well and wondered if they admitted far too few and had low yield. The Tex Admissions guy also had a video with a CS admit where he said some people got in with lower than normal academic scores, standardized tests, etc. So I wonder if Turing yield has been lower than expected in recent years.

Since Turing is pretty selective, maybe some scholars who got into top schools like MIT also got into Turing but would obv choose MIT over Turing? Similar issue that CMU SCS and Caltech have as well

1 Like

Indeed that is a great point. They could be admitting from the same pool that could attend those other schools, as they should!!!

I think Turing yield doesn’t matter as it is a good program. UT Austin CS ranking is high. I personally prefer the promising housing in honor squads and being close to a small group of people.
If the yield rate is low, that just means the same people Turing admitted went to MIT, ivies, etc. or as we are in CA, UCB, UCLA in-state tuition is unbeatable.

1 Like

The housing and in state tuition are both big pluses for us as well. There is also a really nice first year tuition waiver that S gets as valedictorian attending public university in state. It is really tough to beat.

Good job to everyone who got into turing! Did y’all accept UT Austin before you got the desicion?

No. Deadline for both is May 1.

That must be really old. The most recent class has 53 people and I think a bit over 100 were admitted.

MyStatus just updated with a CSB deferral as well- slightly disappointed but better than a rejection I guess, looks like I still have to wait for all 3

The video was uploaded 11 months ago on YouTube, linked here: A Peek into the Computer Science and Turing Scholars Honors Program at UT - YouTube

I don’t know when it was actually recorded.

Edit - recorded October 2020 based on description.

We are in the same boat! All three deferred!

1 Like

Same here with Deans and Turing. Somebody on reddit said a few priority applicants for Turing had interviews. Not sure if that information is trustworthy however.

Same here … Turing, CSB, Poly … deferred :face_with_monocle:

Personally all the people I know who got into Turing didn’t have interviews, so it def isn’t a requirement nor does it seem common at all…

It is always better than a rejection so we will continue to be optimistic. Hang in there! I have to believe that the competition is higher than ever before with so many talented CS folks getting admitted.

For sure! Looking at some of our colleagues here and in school I have to wonder who is getting accepted :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mine says still reviewing. It used to be reviewing. Does that mean deferred or y’all actually see the word deferred?

“still reviewing” = deferred

Thanks. Must be a new code. :rofl:

I think the details show a March 1 date, which we didn’t see before.