UMich Deferral Class of 2025

First thing the state of Michigan has tighter restrictions due to covid. We have to all see how the virus plays out.

I didn’t think Michigan was so strict since they had the worst time managing the kids. That does concern me paying OOS tuition. My s24 is at a school in Florida and first semester was terrible. We moved him into an apartment for more freedom. I hope they lighten up a little, the kids need it. :woman_shrugging:

I was deferred in EA , I wrote my essay and had an interview a week before. Did got any acceptance or rejection on past one week.

Had you already sent in a final transcript before it changed?

Question - since UMich is “test flexible,” was anyone actually able to submit PSAT or Pre-ACT scores? I wanted to submit my PSAT score, but under “report new test scores” there has never been the option to do so and I never received an email saying how to self-report. Any info would be appreciated!

Will there be another wave today?

1 Like

Nobody seems to think that it is likely that there will be one today.

1 Like

Thank you

Does anyone know the acceptance rate for in state LSA?

Will decision be released tomorrow?

1 Like

Does anyone have a count of how many waves have been announced since the initial EA decision round. D25 (in-state) was deferred/postponed and we’re waiting to hear. Thanks.

I know there was a small wave of regular decisions on March 5th.
There was a Ross Wave this past Friday as well.

Thank you, @westy15 . Fingers crossed.

Ross only? how about students of other majors that get deferred?

Schools like Taubman or SMTD, you’ll likely not even know they admitted applicants because they’re so small. Ross has scheduled three decision release dates, two of which are passed already.

LSA and CoE, along with Nursing, Kinesiology, etc. have no announced schedule of RD releases. The best guess right now is either this Friday 3/26 or the following Friday 4/2.

I’m sure it’s wishful thinking on my part, but UCLA announced last Friday 3/19 and Cal (Berkeley) releases on Thursday 3/25, maybe Michigan will release Friday 3/26. Wait and see.

1 Like

The only thing I’ve heard from umich is a financial aid email. still no decision.

WashU on 3/24 & Northwestern on 3/26. Big week - maybe UMich should mix it up & release today or tomorrow! They might need the extra basketball fans to cheer them on!

4 Likes

3 people from my school (alongside myself) applied to UM all in the Engineering department. My friend and I applied ED, got postponed, and another RD. The RD student got accepted three weeks ago. Now that one student from my school is accepted, will the chance for me to get accepted decrease?

2 Likes

I got deferred like everyone else, what do you think my chances are I am very nervous:
I applied for CoE and go to a private college prep school, 4.0 UW, 4.528 W, 10 APs many more honors
part of great books program which is basically more classes weighted 5 on scale and only 10% of grade is in it
my cousin went to michigan, and I am the great-great granddaughter of the namesake/donor of one of the dorm halls
No SAT/ACT score submitted, submitted 5 on APCSP as it aligned with my theme of computer science on my application
Treasurer of NHS and Secretary of Key Club, Spanish Honors Society, Computer Science Honors Society, computer programming tutor, many more clubs/sports/activities and volunteering
I am also graduating with my AA degree from dual enrollment, but I am not sure if they know that
thanks!
also OOS

1 Like

i saw from UMich Class of 2025 – Regular Decision Date: By Early April that certain people have #admitreplybutton and #paymentbutton (and #financialtranscript if they applied for FA) in the source code on their Enrollment Connect portal (link: Login)

based on posts from class of 2024 CC, some people have said that those that have had these in their source code have been admitted while those without them have been waitlisted or denied. does anyone have any info on the legitimacy of this theory?? i know i’m probably digging too deep in to this but i’m so anxious for decisions and ig this is my coping mechanism lol

also, in case anyone was wondering, i have these in the source code in my portal

1 Like