University of Georgia Early Action for Fall 2024 Admission

A quick question - did she apply for foundation fellowship? My son has a 4.0 unweighted (school only has unweighed and no APs), lots of leadership and 1580 SAT and did not get automatic honors acceptance today, while my older daughter did 2 years ago with lesser stats/activities (she did not apply for foundation fellowship). Were wondering if by already having filled out Honors application (it was required to apply to foundation fellowship), my son lessened his chance of getting automative Honors offer today?

Got in hooray
3.98 uga gpa 1500 sat 13 APs
I guess admissions is pretty holistic even with my weaker gpa

6 Likes

Deferred. 4.3 GPA 6 APā€™s 1330 SAT. Extra curricular & leadership position.

1 Like

4.0 unweighted/4.3 weighted GPA all Honors & APā€™s

3 Likes

Mine too with similar stats except a few more APs and DE classes. Top 11% in her class. She got accepted yesterday to Mercer and Auburn and has a couple more we should hear from in Dec. But deferred is not a denial so there is still hope!

4 Likes

I donā€™t see anything weak at all about this. The number of APs and SAT are amazing! Congratulations!!

4 Likes

Seems like those GPAs will get in RD anyway.

Yay! Congratulations!!!

2 Likes

S24 got accepted.

4.0 unweighted, 4.7 weighted. Not sure about UGA GPA.

15 IB/AP classes, decent extracurriculars but nothing eye popping.

1490 SAT (790M/700R)

5 Likes

Daughter instate got in
gpa 4.0uw. 4.26 uw act35
Uga pga donā€™t know
Total 10ap+gatech math
accept to honor college
3000$every year scholarship

9 Likes

I donā€™t think SAT/ACT counts for much. My studentā€™s test scores were below the midpoint and she was awarded scholarship.

1 Like

Daughter got in with scholarship! UGA GPA (approx.) 4.6; unweighted 4.0; 16 DE/AP; 35 ACT; national and international level awards/extracurriculars and national level sport.

3 Likes

My Daughter got in. 4.6w/12 AP/Strong ECā€™s/1530 SAT(one time)/35 ACT (one time), Accepted to Jere Morehead Honors College Biochemical Engineering.

3 Likes

Congrats to all. Not to be cranky, but weā€™re mostly hearing no-brainer acceptances. How about some more borderline cases or deferrals- Iā€™d love to know where the line was. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Daughter was deferred. 4.0 gpa 1440 SAT. 8 APs including 4 5s and 4 4s. Tons of ECs/leadership positions. She did apply early decision for another school, but I donā€™t think UGA would know that. Others in her school that were accepted had as low as 3.7 and 1290 SAT so it really is hard to say what gets in for some and gets deferred for others.

4 Likes

I think they really were quite holistic about it considering the volume they were dealing with. My child was on the lower end for the SAT, but she is an award-winning creative writer, and both of her essays were excellent. She also has really good ECs. Another of her friends got in with a similar profile.

Daughter is OOS and we are from the northeast. Just curious how kids have so many APs. Our students are not advised to take more then 3 or 4 a year due to how rigorous the courses are and they do not have access to any Freshman year. Most students take 1 as a sophomore, 2 to 3 as a junior and if you are a rockstar 4 as a senior which does not compete with 12-15 that I am seeing. How are students performing on the exams? Our students are required to take the exam and our stats are pretty good, lots of 4s and 5s. I am just not understanding how to have so many!

1 Like

Same here- Northeast high school. Only one is offered to sophomores, need special approval/recommendation to take more than 2 junior year and more than 3 senior year. If you take AP class the exam is mandatory.

2 Likes

Itā€™s enough. Let these kids be kids.

We didnā€™t have limits but we talked our kids off the cliff. 3-4 a year is plenty.

If you miss out on a college - oh well.

Kids have forgotten what being a kid means.

8 Likes

I think some of the AP classes are in name only. I spoke to a public school freshman last year from the county over, he was telling me that he was enrolled in AP Bio (as a freshman) along with his Alg 1 class and whatever else. At that moment, I lost all respect for that public school as it allowed freshmen with no background or prerequisite to take AP Bio, one of the hardest AP classes. Our high school requires a very difficult Adv Bio 101 before taking AP Bio. Same with chemistry.
But everything has become out of control. We have a junior at our private high school who is taking SEVEN AP classes this year.

3 Likes