University of Miami Class of 2019 accepted students

Accepted to the University of Florida! Woohoo!

UM didn’t give me a penny in scholarship money - despite giving tens of thousands of dollars to many with lower ACT scores - so it’s not a question for me! I’m going to UF! Not gonna hang around and grovel for financial aid from UM each academic year, trying to get to $62,000. The hell with that!

UM handled the scholarships **** poor. Should have given each EA admittee at least some scholarship money, with a chance at more later. If not, why admit them EA in the first place? Aren’t EA admittees the cream of the applicant pool? How can you admit someone EA and then judge him unworthy of even $1?

Sorry, but something is wrong in Gotham when my 30 ACT got me $0 in scholarship money and admittees with 27 and 28 ACTs were getting $18,000. That’s just bullsh*t.

Anyone know when we’re notified of financial aid

Woo computer science!! And Presidential Scholarship for a total of $81,000!!!

@nicknamemenot‌ I also got in to the college of arts and sciences and an visiting over spring break! I’m not sure exactly what to expect but I’m excited!

Can anyone tell me how I submit our 2014 tax return information to Miami? Thank you

Hey guys. Idk if I am going to go here as of yet, but I was accepted. Major is Broadcast Journalism and I am from ChiCity.

Maybe yall can help me out. I am from Chicago. My major is Broadcast Journalism. I was accepted. Now, I have been doing so much research on the []_[] but I have not had any personal interaction with any of the people. You guys all seem really passionate about this school, and I wanna just know what is it about this school that gets you so hyped to be Canes?

Just accepted RD! 3.571 UW 31 ACT

Accepted with the Presidential Scholarship!!
Major: Ecosystem Science and Policy
GPA: 4.86 W, 3.81 UW
ACT: 30
AP: European History, Eng Lang, Environmental Science, Chinese, US Gov, Statistics
Extracurriculars:
President of National Chinese Honos Society, Book Club VP of NCP Acafellas (acapella group), Two environmental service and research programs to Belize and Hawaii, 1 Environmental Hispanic Council institute in New Mexico (field labs, classes, etc), Internship at Shedd Aquarium, Designing gardens program at aquarium, Peer mentors program at school.
Awards: several scholarship awards, presidential service awards, chinese honors society, Questbridge National Match finalist award

Common app essay: wrote about hovering in mid water while diving and how it was transcendent of my growth as a person…it was pretty good ngl
Recs: Great. They love me I think ??
Ethnicity: Hispanic
Income: poor af

Hooks: URM, Low income, Essays

Other acceptances: UVermont, U of I Champaign, UMinnesota, DePaul,
waiting on ivies, Pomona, Bowdoin, Vassar and Wesleyan, Colorado, UCSB, UCSD.

Can’t believe I got in… definitely didn’t think I was. Especially merit aid.

Just got accepted!! So happy!! I live in Miami so if anyone from out of state is coming to visit let me know and I can show you around Miami!

Does anyone know when acceptances for deferred students comes out? :slight_smile:

Just got accepted with $21K President’s!!! Go Canes!

Where do you check for your application status?

You login to your CaneLink account

Accepted to the journalism program
3.4uw/4.2w
1800 SAT (620 reading, 580 math, 610 writing)
9 AP Classes
Awards: AP Scholar
Essay: Was amazing (not being cocky) I think thats what been getting me into some of these higher schools
Teacher recs: both from english teachers who liked me so probably good
Extracurricular: created a club at school and was president of it, church youth leader, national honors society, national english honors society, tons of volunteer work, other school clubs, ran an online blog, had a locally known band etc
Race: Black

Accepted
Sat: 1890
ACT: 30
UW GPA: 3.31
W GPA: 6.22
AP: European History, APUSH, Psychology, Spanish, Biology
Senior Course load: IB Bio, IB English, IB Stat, IB Spanish, IB Psychology, IB History of the Americas
Awards: National AP Scholar, Honor Roll
EC’s: 250+ service hours, cricket, soccer, and piano
ethnicity: asian

Other acceptances: University of Florida, Florida State, UCF, USF

Does anyone have difficulty getting your decision? It won’t say my decision on my Cane Link.

My decision is not up yet either. I was deferred from Early Decision.

Miami does not release all of the decisions at once. Last year decisions were spread out across several weeks. They appear to start releasing decisions for applicants that they want most first. Then based on the deposit rate of those students, the release the next most desirable group. And so on. They eventually want to get to about 2000 enrolled students with the best they can get.

Deferred --> Accepted as an undecided business major
SAT I (breakdown): 1240 (640M/600CR)
Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): 3.68
Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): N/A, School does not rank