University of Miami Class of 2019 accepted students

Accepted! With the presidential scholarship of 26k and invitation to singer scholarship weekend d

ACT:35
GPA: 3.89 UW (school does not weight)
School rank: 12%
APs: chem, apush, studio art, bio, lit, French, macro, statistics,

Congrats everyone!
Im in SoCal and it says my application is complete, but it doesn’t say anything else, any ideas?

Decision: Accepted - Computer Engineering

Objective:

ACT (breakdown):
SAT I (breakdown): 2300 (M-750, CR-800, WR-760)
SAT II: 800 Math II, 680 Bio, 800 Spanish w/o Listening
Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): 4.0
Senior Year Course load: AP English Lit, AP Calculus AB/BC, AP US Gov, AP Physics 1, AP French

Subjective:

Extracurriculars (place leadership in parenthesis): National Honor Society, volunteering at a Hispanic help center, tutoring at the local middle school, Hapkido martial arts, JV cheerleading

Essays (rating 1-10, details): 9/10

Other:

State (if domestic applicant): Maryland
Country (if international applicant):
School Type: Public
Ethnicity: White
Income Bracket: > $100,000
Hooks (URM, first generation college, etc.): Traveled the world for 5 years living on a sailboat, trilingual, live in Mexico 2+ years

Reflection:

Strengths: Test scores, GPA, diverse backgroung
Weaknesses: leadership, extracurriculars, long-term commitment to activites
Why you think you were accepted/deferred/rejected: Probably accepted because of my diversity
Where else were you accepted/deferred/rejected: Accepted: UC San Diego; Rejected: Stanford; Waiting on: Columbia, UC Berkeley, USC, Santa Clara Univeristy, and University of Washington.
General Comments:
Very glad to have been accepted, congratulations to everyone else who got in! And if you weren’t accepted, I’m sorry and I know you’ll get into a school that you will love

i haven’t received a decision either. hopefully it’ll come soon but I wonder why we haven’t heard but i emailed them to figure it out.

Decision: Accepted - Economics

Objective:

SAT I (breakdown): 1770 (didn’t use it since i’m international)
Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): 3.83

Subjective:

Extracurriculars (place leadership in parenthesis): Yearbook (Editor/Head of Fundraising) Student Council (Advertising Executive), Sunday School Teacher, Prom Committee (Head of Decor/Advertising), Varsity Cheerleader, Peer Mentor, Lots of volunteer work!

Essays (rating 1-10, details): 10/10

Other:

Country (if international applicant): Canada
Ethnicity: Black

Strengths: GPA, Extracurriculars and Recommendations
General Comments:
Didn’t think I’d hear back from them for awhile but it’s a pleasant surprise! Super happy to have been accepted and I hope everyone else hears good news as well :slight_smile:

When do we hear back about our financial aid?

Anyone else still waiting for a decision???

Me! I hope they’ll release it today!

i’m waiting too for my D’s decision out in Southern California…

You guys who have not yet heard back should really call the school. I think its odd that you have not heard back yet, I would see whats up

Accepted to Undergrad Business with a Marketing Major for Spring 2016, wait listed for Fall 2015.
SAT 1950
ACT 28
GPA 3.6

Don’t know about aid yet though

I was accepted as a transfer student from the University of Tampa (as a freshmen) into their economics program.

College GPA (as of now): 3.62, it ought to be around a 3.70 by the end of the semester.
ECs: Some work experience for my father’s company as well as a few years experience at an equine veterinary practice, also many years of scraping by on the varsity swim team in high school and prior.

HS GPA: 3.16
SAT: 1790
ACT: 28

Personal details: white, male, southeastern United States, upper income bracket.

From Southern California, my D received her Freshman decision letter yesterday. Waitlisted for fall 2015 but offered admission for spring 2016 in General Motion Pictures in the Undergraduate Communication. No mention of any merit or need-based aid in letter.

@Shoot4DStars I’m from SoCal also, and haven’t heard anything yet…Do you think they are releasing decisions at random or should I probably start preparing for some bad news…?

@spldnlvr Don’t lose hope. Nothing is final until you get your decision letter. I’m sure it will arrive any day so be patient if you can. Make sure you’re looking in the right area of the portal though. It’s not under Application Status because that should say “Complete.” Once you log into Canelink, the landing page has a link to Go to Student Center. On next screen on right side you see Communication Center box. You’ll see your decision letter link in there. My D’s was an interesting letter with program options. Good luck.

I saw that my decision was posted yesterday, but when I click on it nothing happens. Does anybody know how to get your decision?

@Shoot4DStars thank you! My application status has been gone for a few days now and my communication still has 3 pending messages from when I was deferred.

@mchrup25‌ maybe a browser problem for some. It opened fine in Google Chrome or on Safari on my iPhone.

Im using safari. That’s weird. I just went under the communications tab and clicked on it.

@mchrup25 enable pop ups