University of Miami Class of 2024

My guess is decisions will come out today or tomorrow. The last two years the when green circles and admissions tabs started populating the decisions came out soon after. And entirely new section will populate on your student center page below personal information. That will be the admissions tab. And you’ll either get a green check for admitted or something else. The circle can also mean a spring admission or deferred often times so don’t lose hope if you see it.

Good luck everyone! I hope you all post your results here good or bad so kids in the future can see what to expect from previous years like you all.

@epreskin1010
I am only seeing what you are seeing…NO admissions tab anywhere, only under self-service, then student admission and then application status and there is no green dot.
Please let me know if you figure something out.

Hi guys, I applied EA and was accepted so I’m posting this for future applicants…
Status: Accepted w/ Merit Scholarship and invitations to Lead Miami, and an HHMI Research Lab invitation
Hispanic Female
SAT: 1360
2 Internships (science, and technology)
Competitive Dancer for 5 years
Volunteer at dance studio for 100+ hours
I probably won’t be attending because I would still have to pay a lot and I would much rather spend it going out of state. Also, UM values essays over test scores so don’t be worried if your test scores are lower than the average. Good Luck :slight_smile:

New tabs that say “Admissions” will populate below student information as the decisions start to be released. They happened in waves. Typically green circles ? preceded the rest by a day or so.

Confused as to why Miami has not fixed the green dot issue as this obviously has been a hack to the system for years.

I still have no green dots or new admission tabs yet. Should I take this as a good sign?

@jazz2020 yes it seems like those with no new updates in the portal are more likely to be accepted

@jazz2020 Are you a Frost applicant I’m wondering based on your screen name? It’s def not a bad sign anyway…hoping everyone has answers today. I can’t remember how long before the day of decisions went out in the past that the first green circles turned up. I don’t think it was more than 2 days…

Yes I am a frost applicant. Miami is my top choice. So I’m really hopeful but also super paranoid about a green dot popping up.

What does the green dot mean/ where would I see it

Does anyone know if they release the green dots by school. Bc I know there’s some people from frost already with green dots?

I don’t think it’s by school. What major were the Frost green circle people that you know? MADE is a very competitive major and many rejected/deferred or offered a different college of major which were the green circles for the past couple of years.

The green dot is located at the bottom of the main student center page within the admissions tab, it usually means a waitlist or rejection so don’t panic if you don’t have one

Also I applied for nursing and I have the green dot

I think they were all MADE not sure though

About the green dot, do the dots get released at the same time for all applicants?

My friends that were MADE applicants that had the green circles were rejected or waitlisted for another college (arts and sciences). What is your instrument? My daughter was a jazz voice applicant 2 years ago.

I’m also a jazz voice major.

@denisenut321 I think they kind of staggered but don’t recall. try looking at the past 2 year’s threads. Very informative

Do you think it’s coming out today or tomorrow? Or is it too hard to tell?