University of Miami EA Class of 2025

The 29th. Many people are speculating based on last year and ignoring the fact that last year we didn’t have to grab a mask to answer the door when someone knocks.

3 Likes

I think that a larger applicant pool because of test optional policies is most definitely a factor in the delay.

2 Likes

true, but most of the schools still follow their pattern

2 Likes

I think the reason they can’t give a date is because if they’re wrong there will be so many angry parents calling them. I still kinda think it will be tomorrow

1 Like

For some of my other schools, I received an email saying to check my portal a few days in advance with the date the decision was coming. Does Miami do that? Or do we just check around 2 ET tomorrow and hope it’s there?

1 Like

I agree!

Miami doesn’t do that. I would just check around 2-5.

2 Likes

The email goes out to portal on same day the notification goes out. I spoke with admissions today and of course asked about EA! And not surprisingly… was given the same response that they have said all along - Late Jan/early Feb. Their message has to be consistent else it would be a PR disaster.

2 Likes

@oxidate This happens all the time. This is hard to swallow as you would expect to get in relative to your peer based on merit. But, they use a holistic approach - consider several factors, ECs, Essays, Major, adversity etc.

The very same thing happened to us. Higher scores & stats & ECs& tons of leadership lost out to lower relative stats for a peer. You just have to let it go and trust the difficult selection process.
Best of luck!!

1 Like

Today may be the day!!

3 Likes

@user_365689 Fingers crossed! :crossed_fingers:t4:

1 Like

Anyone actually think it will be today?
Good luck to everyone if it is!

I do but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s not

1 Like

I’m thinking next Friday or later. Remember with huge numbers of applicants submitting without tests, these AOs had a TON more work to do than in the past. The tests were always the easy first screen. That’s gone. Now they have to do real work for almost every app.

But my fingers are crossed for today!

1 Like

I go back and forth, but if it does come out today I would check from 2-5 EST.

I do wonder how they sent the scholarship invites if they hadn’t reviewed all applications tho

5 Likes

I think they reviewed all of them to see if they were scholarship eligible then they have separate piles from there

3 Likes

But if it does come I think it’ll be 3est

1 Like

FYI, the Ivy’s just announced that they are postponing theirs.

1 Like

does that affect miami?