University of Miami EA Class of 2025

anyone here apply ed?

I did! There is another thread for ED applicants

can someone chance me

I applied early decision

my gpa is kind of low, my unweighted is a 3.38 and my weighted is a 3.55, I discuss an event I went through that affected my gpa

did not submit test scores

took apush and ap psych and honors journalism

my father graduated from miami in 1994 so I am legacy

ive worked many hours for the past 3 years for our family owned business

a family friend who is also an alumni from miami wrote me an additional letter of recomendation

varsity basketball for 4 years, varsity track for 4 years and won triple jump at states, 3 years of travel basketball,

I took a self guided tour of the school and joined a live admissions event through zoom

wrote an additional essay on my common app explaining why I feel UM is the place for me

Good luck everyone

1 Like

I think your test scores, APs, and science fair placements help a lot to mitigate your low GPA. Hopefully your Fall 2020 grades are strong. It also depends on your specific grade pattern. Did you get low grades in certain classes? In cores or electives? One really low grade in a despised class or mediocre in general? You have an upward trend from 9th grade and thatā€™s good. Hope ED 2 at U of Miami works out. Have u considered UIUC? Great science dept. They like out of staters. My son got in there w a profile a bit like what u describe. Tests > classroom grades. It wasnā€™t horrible cold wise but he is from northeast.

Did anyone receive an email today about switching from EA to EDII? My D received it at the end of the day.

2 Likes

FYIā€¦I received it last year, turned it down and was accepted EA.

1 Like

Yes, My son got the same email today at 4PM. Applied EA. Hope thats a good sign, but I do not think we will be taking the offer.

2 Likes

ACT: 33
GPA: 4.0 UW(my school doesnā€™t do weighted)
State Residency: NJ
Applied date: October 19th
Good luck everyone!

Can you switch from EA to ED2 at this point?

Yes you can, and UM would prefer if you did. Itā€™s better for their statistics.

We received the same email.

1 Like

I did not receive the email

We did not receive the email. Applied EA test optional.

My D21 did not receive the email either.

Applied for marketing:)
ACT: 28
GPA: 3.8UW/4.095W - IB
State Residency: OH
Applied date: 11/1

Son did not receive the email. GPA 3.7/4.1, SAT 1490, 2 sport varsity athlete, 3 year president of a non profit, independent research.

Iā€™m sure itā€™s applicable to all EA applicants whether or not you got the email.

The emailā€¦

ā€œThank you for submitting your application to the University of Miami! My admission colleagues and I look forward to learning more about you.

We know many students are hearing from admission offices across the country, and we have received questions about whether or not applicants can still switch into Early Decision II (EDII). If you have recently decided that the University of Miami is now your top choice institution, we will allow you to switch your submitted application from Early Action (EA) to EDII no later than January 1, 2021.

Follow the steps below to update your admission plan:

Submit the Request to Change Admission Plan form found under the Admission Request Forms header

Submit your signed ED Agreement Form by January 7, 2021.

Please allow an hour for the form to be added to your Applicant Portal Checklist.

You, your parent/guardian, and your school counselor will need to sign this form and upload it to your Applicant Portal.

Keep in mind, EDII is a binding admission plan. Therefore, you should not submit an EDII agreement form if your enrollment is contingent upon receiving a merit scholarship or if you and your family want to compare financial aid packages.

Questions? Contact us at admission@miami.edu.

Sincerely,

Nate Crozier
Assistant Vice President
Undergraduate Admission and Marketingā€

1 Like

Daughter applied to business program and got this email too. 4.05 gpa, test optional, varsity captain 3 years, lots of leadership, ecā€™s, lorā€™s, we live in MA. We are full pay. Iā€™m wondering if the full pay/nearly full pay folks are the ones who received the email??

My daughters situation and stats almost exactly matches your daughters. We did not get that letter.