University of Miami EA Class of 2025

this year is so unpredictable but historically, a deferral from umiami is literally just a deferral

4 Likes

That’s good to know. Does submitting new semester grades help at all?

2 Likes

My daughter was accepted!
OOS
EA
GPA 4.2
SAT: 1450
School of Nursing and Health Studies
12K per year scholarship

I wonder if UM’s decision to meet need had any impact on deferred vs accepted for EA?

1 Like

My son got deferred by Tulane and Case Western. He got admitted to Miami with Presidential Scholarship. I don’t think anyone has control over this stuff!

Does anyone know where it told you if you were a foote fellow?

Congratulations! My son also. He is a composer and jazz trombonist. He was accepted into composition where he will do the jazz track and play trombone. We have a couple of other schools to hear from, but he is really thrilled!

Congrats to you both! My daughter was also accepted to Frost (vocal performance). She is happy and quite surprised - was expecting deferral to allow RD applicants to finalize auditions. May I ask whether you got a music scholarship offer? I’m going to have my daughter reach out next week to start building relationships and figuring out where she might fit in the department, but whether there’s a possibility of more scholarship money is a big threshold question!

Quick Questions.
I was deferred, but Miami is my #1 choice. We have until Feb. 12 to submit what decision we would like to choose correct?

I am planning on switching into Early Decision 2 now, but I was wondering if this was worth it. If Miami is no doubt the school I want to go to, then this shouldn’t be an issue. Will this give me a much better chance at getting in?

My Stats:
1320 SAT
95.84 GPA (UW), 96.81 (W), my school doesn’t do 4.0 scale
Decent essays, good amount of community service, job, extracurriculars, 4 year varsity

@cm122123 I believe the long list of deferrals was to protect their yield. If you can afford the full price, ED2 is def the way to go. Also, a letter of continued interest with any updates ( 1st sem grades, awards, etc). Good luck!

1 Like

Hi! My son (the Music Ed jazz drummer) did not get any merit scholarships in his letter. Interestingly, I think the only students on this board who mentioned Frost and scholarships were for academic merit. I haven’t heard anything about music-related merit money. Do you know anything more?

1 Like

Thank you! Who do I send a letter of continued interest to and what should it say?

1 Like

Hello! My son’s scholarship was a Presidential Scholarship from the University, with no mention of music or Frost, so I am assuming that it isn’t music related. I have no idea if Frost scholarships have already been awarded. It is a great question.

I will see if my kid can find out whether music money may still be awarded, and if not I’ll call the school myself next week and report back. :). She did get a small academic award and she’s a NMSF so I guess maybe Benacquisto (we’re OOS and need to learn more about that!). But the sticker price of Miami is still very high, especially for future starving artists! :slight_smile: On our end, there’s still a lot to learn - although it’s been nice that we haven’t had to spend the school year traveling for live auditions, “fit” down to the studio level is so important for musicians and we are finding it’s practically impossible to figure out without a visit. My daughter moved a different prestigious music department at a fancy name university from near the top of her list to the bottom five minutes into a virtual audition info session recently based on fit and focus - I feel like decision time is still very far away

1 Like

There were attachments to my daughter’s acceptance letter. One indicated her scholarship and another indicated Foote Fellow. I believe she had 3 attachments to her acceptance email. I could be wrong but she isn’t home at the moment for me to ask.

1 Like

Son accepted to Frost (jazz perf). Foote fellow, 22k scholarship.
No scores
4.0 UW

Does anyone have any information about the Foote fellows Program?

1 Like

apparently we don’t have to take some gen ed requirements which is kinda epic

Wait that’s epic asfff

How do you find course specific classes and pre recs?