University of Miami EA Class of 2025

Did anyone get invitation to apply for LEAD Student Employment Program? Can anyone explain what it is and whether it is worth applying for?

5 Likes

sorry a bit late to the stats game but -

Accepted! OOS
GPA 100 uw (all honors classes, I go to a tiny school w no aps but the curriculum is advanced and well regarded)
ACT 34
Lots of sports leadership, 2x varsity captain
Science research including national and local awards, as well as a 2 publications
Super into arts stuff, a program at The Whitney museum

Admitted as a neuroscience major w Foote fellow honors program and 25k presidential scholarship!
Some demonstrated interest, but I also registered for an open house and missed it bc of a conflict so itā€™s hard to know if that means that much

Honestly was expecting a deferral just bc of how many apps they got this year, but I guess I got lucky! Congrats to everyone and good luck of people who were deferred, I hope youā€™ll hear good news in March!!!

1 Like

Does anyone have information on LEAD?

1 Like

Iā€™m curious about this program as my daughter was invited as well!

I am very curious about this program as well !!

Does anyone have any input on how University of Miamiā€™s premed track is?

According to my son whoā€™s a sophomore in the Marine Science school, pre-med is very popular and full of strong students. I donā€™t know how they fare getting into med schools but I would think well if the student performs well. My sense is that science courses at UM are challenging. My son has generally gotten A/A- but has had to work for it and has caught a couple really tough professors where getting an A was not possible from his perspective.

Thank you!

Marine Science at U Miami must be incredible!

He enjoys it and itā€™s a high quality education in a great location but heā€™s still sorting through the potential career paths from there.

1 Like

was anyone rejected from EA pool? Seems like either accepted or moved to RD?

I was rejected from EA pool, but just got in Northeastern.

5 Likes

That is absolutely unreal. They are basically ranked the same or Northeastern maybe a little higher Nationally?

Hey guys! Is anyone else going into the Rosenstiel School for marine science? I am really excited!

Northeastern was much higher in ranking last yearā€¦
Im International student with 3.7UW GPA, but after UM recalculated my GPA, I only got 3.2.
I donā€™t know how does it work

How do you know your recalculated GPA? Did you call Miami to ask, or is it available somewhere on the applicant portal?

BTW - Congratulations on your acceptance to Northeastern! My husband went there for grad school. Boston is a fun place to be a college student.

1 Like

UMiami requires international students to submit ā€œforeign credential evaluationā€, the company will recalculate the GPA based on Miamiā€™s requirement, and I can see the report

Northeastern and umiami are actually tied for #49 on USNWR

1 Like

I mean last year

1 Like