University of Miami EA Class of 2025

Does anyone know anything about the PRISM (Adv Program for Integrated Science and Math)program. D was invited but it seems extremely rigorous, like rigorous to the point you can’t enjoy college. Anyone heard about or know anyone in the program?

I heard it’s extremely rigorous, hard to get As so it’s a gpa killer, and it only helps if you want to go to UM for grad school.

1 Like

Does anyone know if you can be apart of the HPM program and PRISM program

Very similar story here. Told in for Frost 2 days before deferral… same stats…

does anyone know if miami will accept my dual enrollment credits? i am taking dual enrollment anatomy 1&2 this year and want to find out if my credits will transfer or not.

Yeah, they do. I’ve asked before. My admission counselor told me as a general rule, you will receive credit for it if there is a course that more or less matches the description of another.

1 Like

Yooooo I’ll see you there bighair

PRISM is by invitation only, HPM’s application was due in November. On rare occasions, people are invited to apply to the HPM upon acceptance.

1 Like

I know! I was asked to apply to HPM after application and I’m in PRISM I just didn’t know if both would be wayyy to much!

I definitely should’ve phrased that better

OSS - deferred - 4.0/4.8 , 1450 SAT tons of EC, APs

I guess Miami is getting pretty selective!!!

Letsgoooooo! What are you majoring?

Does anyone know if you need to send your mid-year grades after getting deferred? Is it optional? Also when should you send a Letter of Continued Interest if you are deferred?

1 Like

it is strongly recommended you send your mid-year grades if you were deferred, so I would absolutely do it. And for letter of continued interest, I would probably send it out now. For UMich, many sent it right after they were deferred, so it wouldn’t hurt to just do it I assume.

1 Like

does anyone know when miami sends out the acceptance letters in the mail

5 Likes

lol no worries

Marine Sci/Bio, you?

1 Like

If you were deferred, they actually had a form asking you if you want to be ED2, RD, or withdrawal. It certainly would not hurt to write your AO - but I believe that form is the letter of continued interest. They make it easy. If you don’t send in the form, you will, I assume, be seen as not interested.

Did anyone who was deferred do an in-person/virtual tour already? Or are you waiting until you are accepted?

Deferred D’21 walking campus tomorrow.