University of Miami EA Class of 2025

self-guided or with a tour?

Using the self guided tour I printed out and a map. There are no guided tours now.

For the HPM supplement did you just list your activities or write a paragraph

According to my son, they are being very strict now about checking U Miami id, mobile app, and symptoms whenever someone enters campus.

1 Like

On the preview the U program today they said people
Are welcome to walk around but may not be able to go into
Buildings.

Good to know. thanks.

We walked around campus yesterday. They just waved our Uber in to campus. We couldnā€™t get into buildings but were able to explore the campus.

Has anyone heard anything bout scholarship weekend

does anyone know if we need to write a deferral letter.

I asked my admissions counselor and he said just sending an email saying youre still interested is honestly enough. Iā€™m still sending a LOCI just for an extra oomf

1 Like

According to Sahar Khan, who coordinates HPM, UM takes about 30 HPM each year. Most are NOT in PRISM or Davinci. Most popular majors are Health Science (from Nursing School), Microbiology, and something else I could not remember, but nothing gung-ho that will kill you.

7-8 will get accepted into UM at 4th year. 7-8 will get accepted to UM after college.

Interestingly, of the 15 students who got into UM Med at their senior year, 7-8 are from HMP and 7-8 come from regular UM pre-med students.

So if you look at numbers, HPM gives you a 60% chance of getting into UM and the rest who do not get into UM Med has a national average of 40% of getting into other medical school. So over all chance of getting into Med school from HMP is about 75%. Not a guarantee, but pretty good.

75% HMP vs 40% for regular students, HMP still got some merits.

1 Like

If I donā€™t apply to HPM will it make a difference

okay thanks!

ik this is late butā€¦ ACCEPTED
OOS
test optional
GPA: 3.8/4.45
decent ecs
very good recs and essays
Took AP classes
bio major

are you sending the LOCI to your regional AO or to the general admissions office?

1 Like

Probably not. Of the students who got accepted into Miami medical school after three years, 7-8 are from HPM, 7-8 are from non HPM students. So, probably not.

My D was deferred from U Miami EA, but accepted at Northeastern NUin. Congrats on NU! Boston is a GREAT place to study.

2 Likes

Does Miami send out packages?

1 Like

For those of you who got into Miami and Northeastern, have you made a decision? Do you have a preference? Thanks!

I donā€™t believe this is necessary. I think what is necessary is to send in the form they have posted in your portal. It specifically asks if you want to go to RD, ED2, or withdraw. That is their LOCI. If you donā€™t sign the form, nothing else will matter.

1 Like