University of Miami EA Class of 2025

Doing both definitely can help!

FYI for those wondering about Frost scholarship timing. I reached out to the school and was told that Frost scholarships are done separately and announced around RD decision time, likely late March.

2 Likes

does anyone know if they give out scholarships for deferred people

Sorry for the late response! I’m sending mine to my regional AO because he said that’s where I should submit any additional info. also @tsbna44 you’re right, it isn’t necessary but their “LOCI” on the portal, you can’t show any updated information honestly. This is why I’m sending in one so they know what I’ve done with my life after I submitted my application. Also, I wanted to let the AOs know that my transcripts won’t be available and my regional AO said I should tell them directly.

1 Like

Oh, we sent in transcripts. I just meant that as far as a letter goes, get in the form. My daughter did write the AO and the response back was 
. great.

I’m hopeful there is $$. I believe, perhaps incorrectly, they deferred far more than they accepted.

1 Like

Is scholarship weekend happening I’m a singer and have yet to receive the email

How did you send in mid-year transcripts? D has asked her gc to send them, but they are all remote and the gc hasn’t answered in over a week. We went on to the portal and D can upload them except that it says official transcripts need to be sent by the school. Not sure what to do.

Ours are sent via Naviance. We were told nothing to do. Wondering if all schools get mid year grades

I’m no techie but I think Naviance, Common App, and the high schools are all connected. When we look at UM on the Common App we see that S’s mid year grades were downloaded by the college on 2/9/21. Naviance says the same.

1 Like

Really?! Where does it say that? I am looking and don’t see that at all! All I see is Application downloaded. I am on the dashboard. Is that where you see mid-term grades? It’s not in Naviance either:( That must mean the gc didn’t do it yet.

In the “Recommenders and FERPA” section of the Common App.

1 Like

Brilliant! Thank you! Didn’t think to look there. GC did it yesterday.

1 Like

Ours wasn’t downloaded yet. Wonder when they do it

I think the mid year grades and report are different. The counselor has to go in Common App to do the mid-year report. But they get no email. So you have to ask.

At our school, we go on a website to send transcripts - so that’s on us. Not sure how your school is set up but they’re all probably similar. If your GC doesn’t respond, call another at the school to ask - but it would be the same way you sent in the 3 year transcript.

My son applied EA, was deferred, and is now applying ED. To submit his ED2 agreement, the site is asking him for a “temporary PIN.” Does anyone know where to get that??

Our GC says Naviance sends it automatically but the school hasn’t downloaded it yet.

Go up the chain. If the guidance counselor isn’t responding, contact assistant principal or principal. Time is of the essence.

I always ‘CC’ the head of counseling whenever I send a request to S’s counselor.

Maybe a jerky move, but the request NEVER gets ignored. Remember, you only get one shot at this
and this is their job.

BTW, S’s counselor never responds to S
we learned this early on in the process. Now I am involved.

1 Like

Were you also able to walk on campus for a self-guided tour? We are trying to plan a trip to see the campus and city in April, even if it is only self-guided.

You’re able to walk the campus freely for self-guided tour. We were just there the other day.

1 Like