University of Miami EA Class of 2025

We have not tried.

I wonder what acceptances will be like. Clemson admissions went down from 51% to 30-35% of 43000. I got in with a 27 ACT 3.95 w 3.63 uw. Wonder if it will be a lot harder with Miami this year.

1 Like

Of those who are accepted did you guys apple for financial aid? if you don’t mind can you tell me how much you got, your family income, and whether you were an international or domestic student? (international students asking, I applied RD)

I think there is more to the equation then what you are asking for. I think asking how did your financial aid package compare to what was provided on the estimated cost calculator. This might give you a better idea as to what to expect. Sorry I don’t have an answer for you, but hope you hear positive results.

I can tell you that it feels that their “meet need” policy seem deceiving, now that we have the offer. In state student and they used Florida Bright Futures as part of their offering to meet need. So Merit + aid + work study + loan + Bright Futures = Still leaves us with the EFC. We thought we can use the FL BF to lower our EFC we were WRONG

1 Like

so I’m guessing Miami won’t cover the financial cost of an international student or even provide a decent package judging by the way they’re treating domestic students. this is just sad. :disappointed:

1 Like

I think is a good assumption, but do not give up. Wait until they give you yours. We were very disappointed that it included the government funded scholarship. We were planning on adding that to make it affordable. Good luck.

Thank You. Do you mind telling me where else you or your child applied to and their stats so i can have some sort of idea what US unis look for.

1 Like

ACT 35
4.69 w
IBDP
Lots of AP, IB, DE, Honors
EC: tutoring, youth sports coach, academic and engineering clubs and competitions, job, Internship
National Merit Finalist
Ethnicity: Minority
GTech (A), UTD (A), U of Miami (A), Rice (RD waiting) Vandy (RD waiting) , UF (RD waiting)

Hope this helps.

certainly does. thank you so much. I’ll pray for the best outcome for you and me!

1 Like

Thanks, it is my son. I am confident he will end up where is meant to. Good luck to you!

Can you guys please chance me for UofMiami. And how did you guys demonstrate interest?

I’m an international student studying the A-Level curriculum.
→ I have a 4.0/4.0 UW GPA
→ I come #35 out of 950 students at my high school
→ Have taken the SAT twice got a 1220 then a 1360. Both scores are terrible. The second score was heavily impacted due to Covid. Please let me know If I should submit these or not. (only submitted to UofMiami and Fordham)
→ Predicted 3A* at A-Level (Mathematics, Econ, Business)
→ Wasn’t allowed to partake in extracurriculars due to some reasons but tries my best to pursue those things which I’m interested in. I know they are extremely unorthodox and probably have no weightage in the eyes of the admissions officers.

1. Started my own Charity (Unofficial- Doesn’t have a name and isn’t registered yet)
  2. Became a self-taught forex and stocks trader and also teach trading- to help my father financially and to pay for the charity.
  3. took care of my grandparents on a regular basis.
  4. tutored my younger cousin
  5. was the captain of 3 business competitions
  6. Am an unofficial fitness trainer and nutritionist
  7. Am a micro Instagram influencer- make my own content/earn some money too.
  8. Miscellaneous activities/hobbies- participated in a couple of badminton tournaments at my club, frequently paint/draw, etc
    → I also faced certain extenuating circumstances because of which I got mediocre O-Level results and because of which I was also not allowed to participate in ECAs.
    → Will require financial aid
1 Like

Umiami accepted me and my terrible 1360

2 Likes

any financial aid? scholarship? You must have a better overall application than me.

I got a full tuition scholarship. You’re ECs seem good you probably have a really good chance

when did you guys submitt your letter of interest? i haven’t yet.

1 Like

I spoke to them. They’re not interested in a letter of interest. They were interested in the form they gave you - move to RD, Move to ED2, or withdrawal. I believe it was due Feb 12th.

If you didn’t turn in the form, I’d assume you are considered withdrawal.

Then they won’t count you as an applicant and that will help their yield increase.

I hope you’re kidding. It’s the 93rd percentile. It’s not Harvard but it’s very Miami
even lower is.

I applied for FA and got 100% need

1 Like

I guess we need to inquire why they did not for us.