University of Miami EA Class of 2025

ohh i moved it to RD, are you sure they aren’t interested in letter of interest?

I sent a LOCI and I got an email response from my regional AO:
“Thank you so much for reaching out. I’m delighted to hear of your continued interest in the U.
Allow me to assure you that a defer is not a final decision. The Admission Committee will re-evaluate your candidacy within either the Early Decision II or Regular Decision pool, whichever you opt into.
We strongly encourage you to provide updated academic information by February 12, 2021. First semester (or trimester) grades should be submitted by a school official. Outside of updated academics, we do not need anything further.

I hope this information is helpful. Do let me know if you have further questions.”

I also got a response from UM Undergraduate Admissions Office:
“Thank you for contacting the University of Miami. We have uploaded your documents to your applicant file.”

So, I’m not sure whether they want a LOCI or not but personally I don’t think it would hurt since they never explicitly said they do not want a LOCI from deferred students.

2 Likes

ohh okay that’s true! i might just upload one soon, or send it to my counsellor.

1 Like

It won’t hurt. Just saying u needed to send in the mid year form and while they didn’t ask updated grades would be smart

The tough part of their portal it doesn’t show. Act scores or mid year grades. But my AO also confirmed when I asked

1 Like

I was saying it’s terrible because the person I replied to said it’s terrible. I’m happy with my score

1 Like

Hi everyone. I was deferred early action and was wondering if anyone knew when the regular decision decisions will be released? Thanks!

April 1 ETA…hopefully earlier.

I still don’t know if I should send a LOCI, but I sent my mid-year grades.

Did u send in the form they required by feb 12 ? If not u r done.

The LOCI is not necessary. However if it’s going to bother u send it in. It won’t hurt.

The u of m form was required. Without that u won’t be considered is my guess

Yes the Deferred Decision Acknowledgement

To me that’s all that matters. My daughter wrote the AO and the response was we have your form on file. Thank u.

My d sent her grades. They don’t show. She wrote back to ask if they were received. Was told yes.

I expect many of the 30+ act to get in. The good schools had so many more applicants due to TO they don’t know what to do. Their gimmick of offering ED2 was to get more certainty.

We see this places as educational opportunities but they are businesses through and through.

I get it. Good luck.

In your case write in. This way you can stop questioning yourself. I personally don’t think it will matter but it will give you comfort. That’s a good thing.

1 Like

Congrats! Do you have any advice on how to get into the NU in program? I was deferred Early action and really want to be considered for NU in in the regular decision pool. Is there anything on your application that you feel helped your chances? I have a 3.8 weighted GPA and a 1410 on the SAT. I was deferred from both Miami and northeastern

I was deferred too :slight_smile: Decisions are released latest April 1st. Hope this helps and good luck!

2 Likes

I know it seems like everyone on this thread was deferred or accepted, but if you think about it, that makes sense. Students who were rejected aren’t racing to “share their stats” with us, and the only people who are still interested in this thread are those who were accepted or still being considered. The process is so stressful!!! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you for this. My son has been admitted and was given a full-tuition scholarship so suddenly UM has leaped to the top of his list. He wants to do investment banking (his father did it so I guess it’s in his blood) His dad is concerned that Herbert isn’t considered a target recruiting school for investment banking and he wasn’t sure how strong the alumni network was specifically in banking. Since your son has gotten an internship - I’d love to tell my son about any insights that you or your son would like to share. My son also got designated as a Foote Fellow - though we really haven’t figured out if that would be helpful to his goal. Thanks in advance for any help you can give. It is so hard to make decisions when we haven’t been able to visit most of the schools.

we don’t have gen ed requirements (except for ones needed for your major)!!! I believe we have to double major or major and minor. This should be fine tho since we have more time.

1 Like

See link below. Most respectable schools have these stats. Miami’s is admittedly a bit weaker in robustness than other business schools out there, but it can give you a sense. Truthfully, your son is obviously very smart and driven to get a full ride, so he can make whatever he wants to out of his experience. And when all else fails, get dad on the phone, that’s how he’s gonna get a job anyway!

I had the same concern ma’am. I’m an international applicant and I’ve applied to both the college of arts and sciences and their business schools, but according to forums, online Miami is considered a non-target. Your son is extremely lucky to have his father as an investment banker since that is whats going to mostly (90%) help him get a job. Can you tell me which firm his father works for? Although nothing is impossible. We’ll just have to network more. There is a lady of LinkedIn who has gotten into IB at GS and JPM through UofMiami.

I’m not in investment banking but i was a long time ago at Putnam Investments. I have a family member who works for Fidelity and with MBA programs to recruit. My daughter is applying to UMiami for Neuroscience, So different ballgame. However, the family member was surprised she was applying to UMIAmi and never thought Of it as a ‘great school‘ - just not on the radar for the financial Industry. That said, maybe UMiami is looking to change that, hence the financial incentive/scholarship. Having worked in that industry, you need to get your MBA - I think where your son does that will be more important. Enjoy the warmth and fun in Miami and he sounds like a great student, shoot for Harvard or Cornell For Business school (and freeze :joy:).

1 Like

@MomofBoysFL have you factored Benacquisto into your son’s Miami offer?