University of Miami EA Class of 2025

The difference between Benacquisto is 22k but that includes BF. Which is better than none, but I think it is still too much. I need to do the number again.

Ha! My husband and I both got our MBAs at Wharton so your comment about HBS and Cornell made me laugh. Yes, I agree with you that for the longterm that an MBA is important. My husband and I both got our undergrad degrees in business at UVA but we went into acctg and not finance. My husband didn’t do i-banking until after Wharton. He spent a few years at GS but then went to private equity. Our son would like to (at least as of now) start off in banking and then go to get his MBA. He has those concerns that your family member expressed but I’ve been impressed with what we have heard from UM. It is just a really tough decision.

Wharton! So you guys know the deal. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:. In any other industry, I feel it doesn’t matter as much. Finance is a world of its own!! Good luck. I honestly think he will land on his feet. Networking and good summer internships can make all the difference!

Does anyone know if HPM gives rejection letters.

UMiami vs. UT Austin vs. UW-Madison.

Please share any and all thoughts.

major?

As a school, definitely UT. However, it depends on your major and what you prefer. Wisco and UT are bigger and public, while Miami is smaller and private. UT would be my first choice then Miami then Wisco.

1 Like

I would disagree. From a rank POV, they are all similar. But there is too much focus on rank?

Do you want large or mid-size. Do you want huge city, mid city, or suburban?

Is money a factor? If so, what’s your best deal, etc.

All three are great schools and truth is great kids will come from Texas State or Wisconsin Whitewater. Find the right fit - but as a name, you can be proud of all three of those you are looking at.

UT Austin is economics with any minor at McCombs business and/or Communication Sports Media
UW Madison Direct Admit into Business.
Miami- Business

OOS for all

When is UMiami scheduled to release Regular Decision?? My D was deferred EA to Regular Decision.

1 Like

April 1(deferred as well).

Good luck @Rohit17
April 1st is so late!! Have you visited campus?

Unfortunately, I am an international student.

Hoping for March 26th since it’s a Friday

1 Like

we visited in the fall of 2019. it was excellent

It is stated april 1 in the decision letter and also on the university website. Still would appreciate it if decisions come out a bit earlier.

My guess for RD release is also Friday, March 26. Last year it was March 27. The year before it was a similar timeframe.

They always say ‘by April 1st’ but they never wait that long.

1 Like

Yea they always say that then release it the last friday of March, April 1st is the latest they could have it out and still meet the college decision day deadline I believe

1 Like

anyone have a feel (maybe based on last year) - if you are deferred from EA and then go into the RD pool - can you still receive a material/decent merit package?

1 Like