University of Miami EA Class of 2025

hopefully but extremely unlikely

We received the email today to check to make sure Sons portal is accessible. He was deferred EA to RD.

5 Likes

I received one and I am a regular decision applicant

2 Likes

I received the email today stating to check and make sure I can log into my portal. I had originally applied ED and got deferred and I did not receive that email for ED.

Does anyone know if UM usually accepts ED people who were deferred?

I did not receive an email…

You did not receive an email today?

No I didn’t just double checked and did not receive an email.

Check spam. I would not worry - this email was sent before. I’m not sure if before Early Action (daughter was deferred) or after. Given its contents, it probably was before.

It’s not an indication of if you are going to be accepted or not. It’s simply a - make sure you can get in your portal because when we send the decision, that’s where it will be. I’d assume everyone can already get in their portal…so the email is odd to me.

I don’t remember if my daughter got her initial decision a day later or a week later.

Nonetheless, decisions will be out soon enough - and it will be decision time for all.

Good luck.

4 Likes

same here!

Has anyone talked to an admissions counselor or someone in admissions about if they know the specific date they will be releasing? I have a feeling it will be March 26th because they only release on Friday’s and it’s the Friday before April 1st. Also, they released on March 27th last year. But I am hoping they are running early this year.

1 Like

Next Friday is looking more likely due to previous patterns and the number of applicants this year, but there is a chance it could be this Friday with that email. Who knows? I guess we’ll just have to wait and see :))

1 Like

my daughter got one too. she applied ED and was deferred RD.

UM is the only school I want to go to. Out of 19 colleges I got into, UM is still my number #1 choice. Does anyone know if they are likely to accept a lot of the students who applied ED and ended up getting deferred?

wow 19 colleges?? which ones did u apply to wow

i could be wrong but I believe they are aware that you applied ED when reviewing RD and will probably take into account the fact that you will go if accepted

There are only 2,100 or 2,000 spots left I heard for RD and a lot of applicants to go through. Does anyone know if kids who were deferred and committed to other schools already withdrew their UM application? It’s not fair to the kids who are dying to go here if people who know they aren’t going to UM for sure are leaving their apps in.

4 Likes

There’s 2100 spots total and they’ve probably filled around half at this point. Also they know their normal yield and know how many people to accept to get that number. People withdrawing right now would have no effect on you

2 Likes

Plus people paid to apply and have until May 1 to make a decision. Even if they’ve decided elsewhere, the might wonder if Miami might further step up - and might be waiting / hoping.

That’s why schools have huge wait lists this year. Truth is, because of TO, the normal %s are out - they had more apply - so they can be cautious and then fill off the wait list.

3 Likes

Do you think they’ll have a lot of spring admits