University of Miami EA Class of 2025

Do you have to indicate on your application that you’re okay being admitted to the spring? or are some applicants randomly admitted to the spring?

I’m pretty sure it asks u on the application if you weren’t admitted fall if you’d like to come in the spring.

They accept a lot more than the spots they usually fill because people end up not going I think RD has about a 27 percent admission rate meaning a little less than 1/3 will get accepted then whenever May 1st hits everyone who accepts will fill the 2100 and then they look at the waitlist for the rest of the spots

Just called and a lady said decisions will be out on April first which is a Thursday so it sounds a little odd to me

My counselor said next Friday is more likely. UM has always released on Friday’s so it is likely that they keep it that way.

So not today?

Has anyone called admissions?

She means by April 1st

Deferred student here from EA. I don’t recommend calling. It seems to just bombard the undergraduate office and I remember it got us absolutely no where during Early Action. They usually just continue to say by April 1st.

I understand everyone is growing impatient (including myself), but I definitely think the best bet is the 26th.

2 Likes

I’m sure that is what she meant but she didn’t say by

I paid $75 for my application. I will call them to ask a question if I want to :)))) thanks.

5 Likes

Okay! No problem. I’m not discouraging questions at all! This is such an important process. I just was stating that the questions about the decision date usually aren’t answered beyond their “By April 1st” promise.

5 Likes

It’s crazy that they don’t give us dates. A couple of my colleges had “by April 1”, but emailed in March why the date would be. I don’t understand why they won’t say anything, at least when it’s close to the decision notification.

4 Likes

They don’t say anything because they don’t know. Internally they have a date in mind, but they keep that to themselves in case they can’t get it done.

My guess is March 26 after closing time.

4 Likes

I agree calling just takes admissions staff away from the job at hand-- which is to finalize decisions.

2 Likes

PERIOD. Thank you.

1 Like

Did anyone get a one on one offer from UM?

what do you mean - an interview or discussion? this late?

Tbh not entirely sure. I saw someone post that they got one so I was just wanted to see if anyone else got

where did u see someone post that?