University of Miami Fall 2019 Transfer

@pleaseletmein4 Same, expect this Wednesday (tomorrow)

Does anybody know how the FA packet for 0 EFC and high GPA typically looks like at UM?

How many credits did you complete? I’m finishing up my freshman year so miami seems to be waiting on my second terms grades before making a decision.

Has anyone got accepted yet?

not yet

anybody heard?

Nope

Did anybody else apply in early March who still hasn’t heard back?

I applied early March

Same^ so does anybody know when we will hear back this is getting annoying lol

IK, and I don’t know, I keep calling though

I really hope they send things out this week.

they only send it out Wednesdays, my friend goes to UM and has a friend who works in admissions who says it is only Wednesdays, so you just have to hope you’re on one of the rounds released @pleaseletmein4

I hope they release a bunch of decisions this Wednesday

Hey, ya’ll! I applied by the deadline but there were some complications so my application wasn’t complete until April 25! I have a 3.57 GPA. It was a 3.83 but there were some family issues that caused me to miss a lot of last fall semester and my GPA obviously dropped. I wrote about it for one essay.
I am applying to be a pre-med major. My grades are good this semester.

I’m wondering when you heard back? also, what do you think my chances are?

Good luck to you all!

Has anyone who’s been accepted received their financial aid package yet? I haven’t received anything yet and I’m a little nervous

Me neither! I am so nervous too

Same with my application… complications with ACT test being received didn’t have my application deemed complete until the 25th. ;( Still waiting to hear back.

Hi guys!! I was in this process last semester. So I will tell you guys a bit about myself and the other people I know who got accepted.

I came from a community college, with a 3.6, 62 credits. I was never asked for anything coming from high school and my process was very smooth. The office will never really tell anyone when the decisions come out. I applied 9/2, application was deemed as completed 11/5 and I was accepted 11/14. BUT I did not receive my package until literally the day before Christmas break 12/21. I called the office crying and begging, I called literally everyday that the entire office knew my name and they were tired of me.

I received a scholarship, 15k a year, few grants and I just had to take out a small loan for the remaining balance.

The process is very annoying and exhausting, since the office sometimes is very disorganized and they don’t know much of anything. My best advice is to be at their throat and constantly ask what is going on, explain to them your situations, whether it is educational, domestic or financial.

Please feel free to send me a personal message if you have any personal question, I hope you all get in!

Accepted with presidential merit scholarship!!