University of Michigan EA Class of 2025

ok you seem to know what you’re talking about
so ill ask you a follow up question
do you think i should “worry” about the uw 3.89 for OOS engineering?
i know this is more of a chance me question
(please be blunt)

Omg congrats! My son is interested in Stamps for next year. Was the portfolio challenging to put together?

No email, but got accepted

Are you applying for financial aid and if so have you turned in everything?

Anyone know if there’s a survey ppl fill? I am curious about the acceptance rate for this year.

IS 36 act 6 aps each w a 5 + 3 more aps this year 4 dual enrollment classes research work w a paper published volunteer and athletic ECs 2 800 sat subject tests accepted

Yes there is a poll farther up in the chat. Just search up poll and two or three results down you’ll find Umich’s poll.

Does anyone know the difference between an applicant given the option to “Verify Continued Interest” and someone who does not? I have a friend who was postponed and they don’t have this option, but I do…

2 Likes

I also forgot to mention my older son who will be a senior at U of M engineering school in fall was deferred in early action and was admitted regular decision.

2 Likes

son deferred COE…bummed but better than rejected. Has to submit first semester grades, which unfortunately I don’t think will help him, doing school 100% virtual didn’t go so great for him…not terrible but not straight A’s. Plus LOCI which it says is optional, but he will submit that.

My son got accepted into LSA
OOS

5.4W, 3.9 UW
35 ACT
AIME Qualifier
Year-round club swimmer
19 APs + 10 college level dual enrollment

1 Like

Here’s the CC poll for UMich:

Sorry didn’t mean to say 34 is low for engineering it’s not… The 30 in the science is though. Sorry about that

I don’t think a deferral is a rejection. Two years ago, my daughter was deferred, then accepted. (She did not end up going there.) We are OOS.

My son just got accepted to engineering with 3.89 uw & 1530 SAT (800 math), so similar, but he’s in-state.

1 Like

Absolutely not. It’s a great score. Just follow the letter they sent you. I revised what I said above. My phone typed out something that I didn’t want to say. Your a strong candidate. Getting defered is like the norm here. Engineering is 3.9 with 34 Act so your right there BTW. Good Luck.

My son is a junior at U of M college of engineering . My middle son last year was not accepted to college of engineering. Their SAT scores were same, however the difference was my older son school grades in math were higher than my middle son. So I think they not only look at SAT score your school math scores also count. My middle son had better EC activities and had leadership positions.

Always submit the loci. Going the extra mile will mean something in the end.

Thanks! Makes me feel better tbh.

1 Like

Accepted LSA (Interest: CS/DS + Econ/PS)
IS
4.41 W, 3.91 UW, Val
36 ACT
Significant EC’s, decent essays
13 APs + 4 dual enrollment

1 Like