University of Michigan EA Class of 2025

Well follow the rules and make sure they know you want to go there.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your kind words as always! You are very helpful. I will tell my D to write strongly that she wants to go there.

My daughter was deferred and has not written the essay yet… however she did get a HAIL interview invitation today. She hadn’t had an interview during the early action round…

2 Likes

Get the letter in like this week there is no reason to wait.

Also getting an interview technically doesn’t increase your odds of acceptance but it’s always a smart idea to do it.

I came across this older thread but you might want to run through it. Might answer some questions for your daughter.

Good Luck.

1 Like

Deleted.

@Knowsstuff
Thanks !

Just saying I don’t think the interview really means anything. I got asked to do it and I just ignored it and I got in. Like they say, it has no effect on admissions

I agree with you but going to challenge your point… Heh, we have time till the next wave :wink::ocean:.

For You, It didn’t make a difference. Congrats BTW. But for some it can.
You are correct that the interviewer can’t get you in.

A conversation I had with Northwestern 4 years ago opened up with eyes on this. I asked the head of undergraduate admissions about if the interview was really needed and about minimum requirements when their listed for admission. The person said, You would be foolish to ever opt out of an interview request. If asked, that’s the minimum we expect… Hmm… Can it show interest… Yes…

Also about minimums and I heard this from other universities is that they want students that strive above the minimum… So if they require 3 years of math they really want students that had 4 and so on.

Another advantage and it might not seem big now is that it’s an opportunity to speak to another adult human being that’s not your parents. Sounds silly but many college students are very afraid or nervous going to office hours. Raising their hand in class with professor or graduate sections of class. It helps with interviews. It’s just good practice overall.

But your correct, for some students it will do nothing. Many students get in without it.

I was curious when deferred decisions are expected to come out? Maybe there’s some rumors out there.

1 Like

Do you know how to access the “my scholarship profile” on Wolverine Access?

If not email /call /chat with the nice people at Michigan and they can walk you through it. I don’t have access to this.

On Wolverine Access, click New and Prospective Student Business. When redirected to a completely different page, click the box that says New & Prospective Student Center. On that page, you should see a link to My Scholarship Profile.

1 Like

I am late to post but so very excited and thankful. My son was accepted

OOS KY
LSA
4.0 unweighted GPA, 4.5 weighted GPA
34 ACT (36 STEM)
5 years high school soccer (3 years Varsity), president of a few clubs, lots of volunteer work
He worked very hard on his essays as he has loved Michigan for many many years.

5 Likes

Thank you!!!

1 Like

does anyone have any predictions for the next wave of decisions? do you think deferred kids will be in the wave?

I’d say later this month, or early March. I’d assume deferred students will be in the first wave.

1 Like

You are ALL deferred kids now. So yes deferred kids will be in this wave. There is only accepted, deferred, denied and wait list. After the first wave which some of you went through with EA, you are now all in the RD phase. So it’s all RD and Deferred kids at this point. After this and each subsequent phase what is left is, accepted (we hope for all here :crossed_fingers:), denied or wait list.

Good Luck.

1 Like

If it were me, I’d start to look at the portal on Friday 2/19, which is when Ross BBA is scheduled to release their first decisions, like previous years. But 2/19 may be to “on top” of the 1/29 EA release. So, maybe 2/26, roughly a month after EA, would be more likely?

Just a guess.

In the past, a deferred EA (or now considered RD) candidate may or may not hear in the 1st wave or two. But again, this year could be different. Maybe everyone hears in a 1st and only wave? Dunno.

Does UMich deny anyone EA or is everyone simply postponed and reevaluated in Regular Decision?

Yes, there are EA applications that are/were rejected.