University of Wisconsin, Madison EA Class of 2025

Admissions told me they released decisions this year based on the volume of applicants so those states submit the largest number. Sadly, we are still waiting in MD.

That makes sense, but it seems a bit disingenuous. There is no way WI received more applicants from CA than from IL. No way.

1 Like

That’s exactly what I was thinking based on the states released already. And on population alone I can believe more from CA than IL. My son got official word that decisions will be released on January 23 and the @GTAdmissions Twitter feed says the same now

So the states that submit the most applicants find out first…is my understanding correct of what they told you? Still waiting in Utah

that’s what she said - i have no information to verify her statement as far as the volume goes. i can only restate what she said and her states lined up with this thread. :frowning:

Honestly no one has any idea what their process is this year. In the past it’s been Friday night decisions and most of them before Christmas. This year was a Tuesday and no real method to the oos decisions. I wonder if they are getting a ton of calls and just trying to appease people? Thanks for passing on what they told you.

Interesting as we did not hear back - does that mean we should be worried?

what twitter feed did you see this on? I don’t see it on UW-Madison Admissions twitter feed.

1 Like

Not necessarily. There were only 1 or 2 from FL that commented. Since the last wave of decisions included rejections too, you should go with “no news is good news”. May be those FL students had something unique that got them it other pile - who knows.

1 Like

I think it was a mixed up post - 23rd is Georgia Tech EA2 - not UW

Just realized I crossed Wisconsin and Ga Tech (anxiously awaiting both). Sorry

Applied for CS as an international student, heard nothing yet

I received my decision in mid-December but I am also in state. Good luck to all and congrats to everyone that has gotten in so far!

Any chance decisions come tonight?

None here in CO

nothing in VA

Heads up for those accepted:

Admitted student events schedule will be posted sometime next week. You just need to sign in with your NetID to schedule sessions. Their site states all events will be online.

Good luck to those waiting. I hope you hear back soon!

1 Like

How do you know this? Maybe the rest of the EA decisions will come out before they post admitted student events…or is that wishful thinking??

Would make sense to announce EA’s first

Searched for campus visits on their site, and it prompted login with NetID for admitted students. However, once you get to the event page, that’s where is said the schedule is coming out the week of Jan. 11. They will continue adding sessions between now and Fall 2021.

1 Like