University of Wisconsin, Madison EA Class of 2025

I agree with you. The whole point of EA was to know so that you could avoid having to apply other places if it was your first choice. My oos daughter ended up having to turn in two more applications that were due today while still waiting on UW. EA’s should come out before the regular app deadlines. So frustrating. The regular decision kids are going to end up waiting a month less then the EA kids.

5 Likes

We were “supposed” to hear from 3 EA schools last night simply based on speculation from ppl on College Confidential lol. In fact I don’t think any of these CC boards have been correct as far as predicting release dates. I think I’m done reading into stuff & over analyzing. It drove me crazy all day yesterday and all for nothing. When they come, they’ll come. Good luck to everyone.

9 Likes

Yes. My D21 was admitted EA to two schools already which have really intensive honors scholarship competitions with essays, more letters of recommendation. All due 2/1.

Her top two choices (UW-Madison and Michigan) have not announced yet.

If she knew she was admitted to her top choices, she wouldn’t work on the other scholarships.

Plus - her school semester ends this upcoming week with extra work due, local scholarship apps due with essays, and she’s working 20+ hours a week to save money.

Frustrating!

3 Likes

Private schools seem to announce EA by mid-December but many still don’t give specific dates. At least UW and U-M aren’t past their stated deadlines. Hard to wait.

2 Likes

People are just trying to offer possible release times based on previous years process. Obviously this year is different then even last year so most of us are just checking for a second wave of decisions at this point. Good luck!

1 Like

How has your daughter already heard from Northeastern? EA decisions have not been released. And ED decisions require commitment so why would you still be waiting for UW?

1 Like

She applied Ed to northeastern and got into the northeastern international program which releases her from ED commitment

1 Like

I know this is Early Action thread for UW, but does anyone know when Regular Decisions come out for a resident of MN?

march. it’s on their website

Is the latest they can come out on the 29th (Friday)? or will they release on the weekend?

Oh, I didn’t know that admission to NUin allows you to cancel the commitment. I guess that makes sense since kids aren’t applying specifically to the program.

Is anyone else having difficulty with portal tonight? My page comes up as blank when I click on the student center tab. All the other tabs are fine.

Ours isn’t loading either. I believe they do this periodically to torture us.

2 Likes

Ha! That made me laugh. Thank you.

Now I have fomo cuz mine’s working. Also when you say “Student Center” tab, do you mean the “Student Employment” tab? I don’t see a “student center” tab anywhere

It seems that the admission guys are enjoying the game. Other schools do the same as well.

Nvm think i got it. My portal IS the student center. I have my UW portal as a bookmark on my computer so it automatically goes to my portal or the “Student Center.” :sweat_smile:

Do you all think that we will find out on Friday?

At this point, I feel we might find out next week around the same time UMich EA comes out.

Does anyone know from past years of deferred what’s the earliest you may hear back of decision