University of Wisconsin, Madison EA Class of 2025

miami

1 Like

I hope you get in rd.

1 Like

So did Villanova

any updates on what time decisions will be out today?

The general consensus is 8:00 eastern, but UW could throw a curveball and wait until tomorrow or Sunday.

2 Likes

Would think they would be done and send them out tonight

1 Like

bruh i called admissions and they were like ā€œwe donā€™t have a date for our next release, could be today, tomorrow, or sundayā€ THAT DOESNT HELP lol

1 Like

What?!? Nooooo!

I genuinely donā€™t understand what they gain by not giving a date. Especially being they have historically never released on weekends, why drag it out this time?

4 Likes

At this point itā€™s just disrespectful of them to act this way. They told a significant number of applicants their decisions a month and a half ago. I understand in-state and MN. They should find out sooner.
They know other schools have all released today or earlier. Other schools announce when they will release. Itā€™s a smart decision - goodwill - to do so. I am ready to tell my child to look at the 18 other schools she has been admitted to. This is literally the last one left. I feel they think way too much of themselves at this point.

9 Likes

In comparison, Happy with UIUCā€™s clear email that decisions will be released on the portal on such and such date AT 4PM. Thereā€™s no confusion there on when to expect a decision!

8 Likes

My daughter was admitted to Richmond last week ā€“ about a week before EA release, they notified everyone that decisions would be made at 6 pm on a specific date (last Friday).

1 Like

Seriously, if they canā€™t plan as far ahead as tonight or tomorrow I donā€™t feel great about their organizational skills. Maybe they need an executive function IEP.

5 Likes

Iā€™m kind of with you. My oos daughter really likes Madison but sheā€™s heard from other schools. Is it ā€œwe donā€™t have to tell youā€ or a competency issue. Is this how the rest of the university is run? I get itā€™s a weird year but a lot of other schools have figured it out.

3 Likes

honestly iā€™m just so tired of waiting. i just got deferred from my first choice and i donā€™t even know what to do anymore

Deferred means it isnā€™t over. Hang tough.

1 Like

my D has been deferred 3 times. Iā€™m guessing Madison will be 4.

1 Like

what time do we think its coming out?

i know just hard to accept it. i grew up always wanting to go there. wisconsin is one of my top choices so hoping i get a better decision tonight

1 Like

just got deferred from my first too - Michigan. Really hoping for an acceptance

2 Likes