University of Wisconsin-Madison Fall 2015 Transfer thread

@xGingersUNITEx‌ I am from Illinois and my app is still being reviewed, so I don’t know yet!

Well, I got in a few days ago for the college of arts and sciences but they just released financial aid and they are only giving me $5,500 a year which is the government federal loans and not even a third of what our estimated need is. No way I can pay that…

Okay guys. Our turn is up. At the maximum, four weeks of waiting. I just want to know.

@lostandannoyed are you a Wisconsin resident? Did you try the NPC? What were you expecting? What is your EFC?

@Madison85‌ I am not a Wisconsin resident. I just did the NPC and it also shows me receiving nothing besides loans. Damn.

My EFC was 23,826.00 which is already a lot more than my parents can pay but that’s the nature of the FAFSA. I was expecting SOMETHING, not literally nothing. Direct Federal Unsubsidized and Subsidized loans worth a combined total of 5,500 that I’ll have to pay back anyway do not help at all.

Guess I will not be attending :frowning:

@LostAndAnnoyed‌ what were your stats?

Is it possible that we get a decision for transfer fall 2015 before april 15?

@makker1995 2060 SAT (750 on the math)
Transferring into Arts and Sciences undeclared so I can transfer into CS
3.83 GPA at Parsons the New School of Design, Deans list (I will probably have a 4.0 this semester though)
3.83 High school GPA, high honors throughout
Tons of EC’s like fencing and volunteer fencing instruction, teaching virtual online courses to seniors, participation in twice weekly Bitcoin talks on Wall St, Student Activities Board event coordinator, NHS advertisement designer and event planner, and probably more I put on my app but can’t remember.

I also had 30 college credits from all the APs I took in high school, so at the end of this semester I will have 64 credits and I’m still in my freshman year.

I think the conclusion is, is that there’s really no money for transfers.

@Packerfan21, I was accepted March 29th so definitely

when did you apply?

@hanzee94 Around Jan 24th I think

There is no money for non-residents with that EFC whether or not you are a transfer. This is a public university and your parents do not pay taxes here. Whom did you expect would provide you with grant aid? Certainly not the taxpayers of Wisconsin.

@Madison85 Except I had a friend get in with 15k of scholarship this year with a similar EFC transferring in as a junior, also a non resident. Colleges do have endowments for that sorta stuff, it isn’t straight from the taxpayers wallets to undeserving out of state students

Interesting! What is the student’s major?

I’m gonna re-post my question cause it was so utterly ignored lol

for all those accepted already, did you get another email which said the application status had changed? or did you all just check the

@abigailrg @LostAndAnnoyed‌

Hey guys I was wondering if you had thought about this idea before:

Now that Scott Walker cut 300 million dollars from UW, do you think they are going to accept more out of state students since the difference in tuition is so significant?

@jonjacobjinkle Yes I got an email saying my admission decision was ready

@Madison85 Nursing I believe which actually might explain the scholarship

Also, according to UW’S transfer facebook page, there are already 230 people who plan on going to UW next year.

That leaves maybe 1,100 spots left based on last year’s stats.

http://www.collegetransfer.net/UniversityofWisconsinMadison/TransferProfile/tabid/145/Default.aspx

Thank you @LostAndAnnoyed‌

does anybody have any idea when the next wave of decisions is coming?

Hopefully soon?

It’s not cut yet and UW’s potential share is only $90 million.

There’s a pretty good chance we’ll hear back this weekend. I took a look at last year’s thread and people heard back a week after UW finished freshman applications. I believe the freshman app’s were just finished this last Saturday, so based on that, we’ll most likely hear back this coming Saturday. If not this week, then next week for sure.