University of Wisconsin-Madison Fall 2015 Transfer thread

Thanks for the news! Really hard to wait one while entire month lol. I was wondering, I got accepted into Ohio state University, I have 38 credits with 3.49 Gpa. Do you think I have a chance into madison?

Honestly, I have no idea. From the admission statistics that UW released, UW-madison had a 29% acceptance rate from last year, so its really hard to predict. They accepted 1593 out of 5747 applicants last year.

where did you find those statistics? mind linking please

https://www.admissions.wisc.edu/assets/pdfs/UW_Transfer_Admissions_Flyer.pdf

Man my hope has been dragged down just a tad bit lol

I feel like there’s no way I’m getting in with that admit rate.
Well, who doesn’t mind taking a semester off to work full time? What 20 year old doesn’t want to live at home with no mode of transportation? Who doesn’t want to lose their foreign language skills? I TOTALLY do…

^^ There are other schools in the mean time if you aren’t accepted to UW. Do good work at a different college and then apply for a transfer if you’re unhappy with your current school.

Not Gonna lie those rates scare the hell out of me too

None in my price range or that offer my language, unfortunately. I would go to UWM but their transfer deadline was March 1.

Your foreign language credits don’t go away. If you completed the required amount of language credits, you’re good to go. That is unless you wish to continue studying said language. It’s all a matter of priorities. Either way, wishing you all best of luck! I know how hard it can be to wait as I just transferred to UW for this semester. My decision didn’t come until two days before the decision deadline.

congratulations on being accepted into uw madison. would you mind telling me your gpa,major, and amount of credits when you applied?

@wroblewskij‌ i want 4 years of the language I’m studying because it’s necessary for my career. So taking a semester off one of the hardest languages for a native English speaker to learn is not feasible for achieving fluency.

Congrats on getting in though!

anyone hear back recently?

GPA: 3.767
Major: Was software engineering at former university, transferred into Letters and Sciences planning on CS (I haven’t completed a CS course at Madison yet so I can’t really say I’m in the CS program as of now).
Credits: ~40 applicable to my major

I cannot wait for the results!!!

So I check MyUW and it says I have an admission decision and to read it in its entirety, but where do I go to read it? Do I have to wait to get an email about it, because I haven’t yet.

anyone get in?

Nope. Waiting for around 7 central time tonight. Hopefully I will get it tonight. My family is on edge as much as I am

Just kidding it was a cruel joke, now it says my app is being reviewed again…

the anxiety is killing me here.