***University of Wisconsin-Madison Fall 2017 Thread***

good luck everyone! they are starting again…new Badgers! :-h

Accepted Indiana!
34 ACT
4.0 UW/4.45W
13 AP classes
pretty good extracurriculars

@jackobr you were probably admitted to L&S for now, pursuing entry to School of Business, correct? Did you receive the invitation to apply Direct to WSB? Those were sent around 11/1. WSB will admit a small number that way (10% or so); the remainder will apply spring of Freshman year (which is the normal route).

@JBStillFlying yes to both of the questionsand i got that email and applied. Do you know when we would hear back? or are you just DA on the acceptance letter? and thank you very much

Accepted Pennsylvania college of letters and science!
Stats:
SAT Superscore- 2130
GPA- 4.25W 3.9UW; Lots of AP and honors courses
Very strong essays, decent EC’s, very positive letters of recommendation
31/405 class rank

@jackobr decisions on direct admit are announced April 3:

https://wsb.wisc.edu/programs-degrees/undergraduate-bba/admissions/high-school-students/prepare-application-materials.

Accepted CoEngineering!
Stats:
ACT super score 34, 33C
GPA- 4.0 UW

Deferred OOS Washington State!!

Accepted to letters and science
OOS Illinois
Stats:
ACT-25
GPA (unweighted)-3.59
IB program; lots of EC’s
STRONG essays
Overall, just like most of you upon reading through my credentials, I’m pretty shocked that I got in. Very excited.

Accepted to Letters and Science
OOS Utah
Stats:
ACT-27
GPA- UW 3.9
Many EC
With over 30 college credits when I graduate.
On Wisconsin!!!

@piku1998 Thank you :slight_smile:
I got Purdue’s offer as well!

Helpful info: when you pay the $300 housing contract deposit online, you can avoid the 2.75% credit card convenience fee by setting up an ‘electronic check’ first and using that payment method instead.

Hello, I have a question and I am hoping someone can answer it. I got accepted although not to my first choice major. Is there any way, once I am enrolled at Wisconsin, to try to switch majors? I got into the Computer Science program and my first choice was Engineering Mechanics.

Accepted to College of Engineering from Arizona!

@maicenstuart for the engineering school, you are going to have to reapply some point during your freshman or sophomore year

On my son’s campus visit and tour, we were told that with the new direct admit program for the CoE that it is possible, but very unlikely to be able to get into the CoE if you are not admitted directly.

@Rocketmandad It’s all about doing well in classes. Hard for the CoE to deny someone with a 4.0 in mathematics and science classes their Freshman year. It is important to note that there is a reason they make it challenging: if not, some students would not be able to keep up and would simply waste resources. The CoE is designed for top students, and it will require students to perform well to get admittance.

Accepted from Indiana!

What you say makes sense to me…just relaying what was said pretty much verbatim by the admissions counselor.

Anyone heard from Ohio?