***USC Class of 2021 Discussion/Results Thread***

@JimBurles2189 Have you gone to https://you.usc.edu/login/ to try and create one or access it?

Any know of the most popular majors at USC? I applied as an eco major

googled it and this came up from US News and World Report rankings report

The most popular majors at University of Southern California include: Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services, Social Sciences, Visual and Performing Arts and Engineering.

Surprised at the social sciences being a big major at USC! Not a lot of people tend to be into that, or so I thought!

does anyone know how big of a major global health and human bio are?

@WWWard Yes I just made one, with the same email I used on commonapp. Where do I see my info and things they received??

@JimBurles2189 Click on “Submit application documents” and the “received documents” tab will tell you what they have processed for you so far.

@JimBurles2189 Yes… as stated above, once your portal is ready, upon log-in, these options should then appear for you as links…

Check your application status
Submit application documents
Submit your mid-year grades
Withdraw your admission application
Find your admission counselor

Apply for financial aid
Check the status of your financial aid application

So no one is notified from USC until around January 25th? Does anyone know? Is that the very first round of admitted students?

Also I submitted the Common App on 11/25 and Portfolio 12/1. I have my youSC portal though.

@whateverdudes Yes, sometime around then we will be notified if we got in and a scholarship or if we have to keep waiting to hear until the end of March. I believe for the past 5 years they have sent the packages out on a Friday, so that would be January 27th. Or the 20th, if we’re lucky!

@whateverdudes Less than 2,000 will hear they are accepted with some kind of scholarship (probably more like 1200 people per previous discussions) at the end of January, around the last Friday of the month. The other around 53,000 applicants will get a letter saying they are still being considered for acceptance and that they will hear in March.

Of those 2000 scholarships, approximately 700 will choose to attend, depending if they count some NMFs in Presidential scholarship totals.

I finally got the email from USC confirming my application today. I applied like at 11:50pm (my time zone) on Dec 1. Did anyone’s email say anything that acknowledged that they applied by Dec 1 (and would be reviewed for scholarship consideration)? Bc mine says I’ll hear by April 1, which makes me think I don’t get scholarship consideration?

@ZBlue17 I sent in my application on like November 24th, and I got an email on November 26th like yours saying that I’ll hear back by April 1st. So don’t worry, since you got it in before December 1st, you should be good.

Thank you! just got off the phone with the lady and she says I’m good.

I rushed my SAT scores on the 29th, and the portal says they still haven’t received my scores. What to do?

@transmitter2342 call and ask! I also had the same question, but forgot to ask when I called earlier today

My D got an email 12/6 with the subject “Your Application is Incomplete”…Thank you for your strong interest in the University of Southern California and for submitting your admission application to our freshman class. We have completed a preliminary review of your application file and are writing to request further information.

Specifically, we would like to see the results of the first term of your senior year course work before we take final action on your application. Please take a moment to submit your grades directly to your application file by logging into you.usc.edu, with the email you used when you submitted your application. If you are unable to use the web form, you may submit your grades using the Common Application Midyear Report or mail your courses and grades to the USC Office of Admission.

We hope to receive this information by early March to allow plenty of time to meet our commitment to notify you of our decision by April 1. It is important that you use either the online process or submit your grades by mail, even if you believe your grades have already been sent to us. We receive lots of mail every day, and these methods will help us quickly identify your information so we can begin preparing your application for final review.

Thank you for your prompt response. I wish you well in the remainder of your school year and look forward to working with you further.

Is this a typical form letter? Should I read anything into the phrase “strong interest”? Do you think if they were going to outright reject her they would have bothered asking for mid-year grades? Her stats are nowhere near their average but she’s a well rounded student with great essays.

@marg928 when did she submit her app?

@ZBlue17 it says app downloaded 10/25 and writing supplement downloaded 11/9