***USC Class of 2021 Discussion/Results Thread***

Are acceptance packages and rejection letters delivered on the same date?

@collegekid171 someone earlier on this thread mentioned that the acceptance packages are sent first through priority mail and then the rejections are sent through the regular mail–so acceptances will be reaching people first

Thank you!

Wash, rinse, repeat, wash, rinse, repeat. :wink:

Wait so is it the 25th or the 26th that the portal updates? And how do we know it’s at noon?

phsstudent17: Son has not heard anything from Thornton since the “considering you” email in late January after auditions. I don’t think I saw Thornton majors in the threads for the big merit awards either. We are all waiting!

If you did not get an interview for the Academy in February then you did not get in and will be considered for your second choice.

I deffo won’t get in but I’m still anxious! It’ll be nice to get closure though. Good luck to everyone!

Thanks!

Anyone care to include links to miracle acceptances (without hooks) to USC? Maybe make us feel a little better about ourselves.

@tpantone13 Don’t be disheartened, anyone can make it in. I hope you do, good luck

Slightly more than a week till USC’s admission decision are out!

It’s crazy how much USC moved up my list of colleges that I’d really like to attend - from somewhere in the bottom of my list when I applied to one of my top few choices now!

sorry posting a bunch of info and hit save comment by mistake - med more time to edit!

11 more days guys… Decisions are available online on March 26… trying hard to fight on
http://admission.usc.edu/

Just to reiterate some stuff:
The big merit scholarships were awarded earlier and released in late January with acceptance package for those that received it. The scholarships you will hear about people getting (supposed to be this week) are the results from the interviews done by those that received a scholarship in January and invited to interview.

During the regular admit cycle next week, smaller merit scholarships will be awarded but primary focus going forward is financial aid, the “big” merit is done. There will be a very few (if any) Deans 1/4 tuition which is about $12k, but majority are small couple thousand types. It can be awhile for USC to get the financial aid out (not merit money, but need based aid), that info can follow 2 weeks+ later.

So yes, you may get in, but not know your financial aid situation for awhile. Hopefully they get faster at that.

Decisions mailed the 23rd which is a Thursday (last year was a Wednesday, wish they left a day early!) USC Admissions facebook posts a pick of them being loaded on the truck the day they go, so somebody post that when they do. Then we are off to the races.

The first package was received and posted about at 10am the following day in Socal.

Last year, when they were sent on a Wednesday, PORTALS updated at 12:30am PST Saturday morning (Friday night after midnight). Since they say they are going out Thursday, they will not update portals Friday night (too soon), it will be Sat night early Sunday (March 26th) morning.

They give 2 full days AFTER the day packages are mailed, then update just after midnight PST.

It updates to include:

Admission
Admission Decision
Enrollment Commitment Deposit
Withdraw Your Application
Submit Documents

Financial Aid
Apply for Financial Aid
Financial Aid Summary & Tasks (FAST) page

On-Campus Admitted Student Programs
Explore USC
Preview USC
Admitted Student Day
Campus tours

Off-Campus Admitted Student Programs

Apply for Housing

They mail rejections and acceptances at the same time. However, the acceptance packages are sent priority mail (faster), while rejections are thin white letter size envelopes sent regular first class mail (slower), and start arriving a day after acceptances. So typically, the rejections would start arriving a day after acceptances arrive by area.

YOU CANNOT TRACK THE ACCEPTANCE PACKAGES - USC DOES NOT PAY FOR THAT SERVICE TO BE ENABLED - they want the mailbox bam!

Good luck and Fight On!

"The scholarships you will hear about people getting (supposed to be this week) are the results from the interviews done by those that received a scholarship in January.
not trying to nit pick but clarify-
this sentence should have read-
The scholarships you will hear about people getting (supposed to be this week) are the results from the interviews done by those that received an acceptance letter and an invitation to interview in January.

Thanks @menloparkmom - had one minute to edit so tried…but I think they get the point. There is always confusion from people that are new to the thread, that’s for sure. Wash, rinse, repeat. :slight_smile:

@CADREAMIN Thanks. Excellent recap…

And at least USC is faster now. In 2014, the Ivies and many other colleges announced on the 27th & 28th. My daughter did not learn about USC until the 29th. This year, the announcements seem to be reversed, with USC announcing before many other elite colleges do so… on the 30th or later.

@CADREAMIN thank you for all of the info you share. I often come across your posts and they are helpful and kind. I understand you have a child at Usc already. Do you mind if i ask what schools your child choose from and why usc was chosen? I have my oldest having to decide soon and he is having a really hard time. Its between usc and another college right now and will soon find out about the other 2. Thanks.

Thank you @letsshare. Will pm you - my kids not a fan of me writing about them publicly! But yes, I have multiple kids that are going/went through USC.