***USC Class of 2021 Discussion/Results Thread***

@it622 you’re welcome. @jkgreen27 probably something else, as USC does not usually have tracking attached to their packages + acceptances/rejections are only being mailed on the 23rd.

If it is mailed by priority mail it will show up under myUSPS as tracking is automatically included in Priority service now.

@tarheels4life Tracking is only enabled if the sender enables it (and pays for it), USC does not.

Are scholarship decisions coming out today?

@CADREAMIN It is included now with Priority Mail for free and all Priority Mail is assigned a tracking number.

From the USPS site for Priority Mail:

Features
Includes USPS Tracking® when you ship online and at retail

We will see come March 23rd.

Are scholarships given out only for ore dec 1 submitters

Yes @jkgreen27 We interviewed in feb-march for them

In spite of what has been said here, the USC Admissions office just posted to the FB page, “First-year applicants who interviewed for USC Merit Scholarships will be notified about their awards by the end of the month.” Posted an hour ago – so sounds like they are getting questions based on prior experience and are saying ‘hold on!’

Anyone else a national merit finalist? Did you notify USC of finalist status? I didn’t but someone just told me I should have

Are the acceptance packages envelopes or boxes? From that Instagram picture they look like boxes.

@tarheels4life Is a package showing up on your myUSPS? Mine has nothing.

@filmstudent2 Nope, just hoping come March 23 there will be one on myUSPS.

@cdnotready My S has not yet notified USC about NMF status. He’s waiting to see if he is awarded the Presidential. I believe students have until 5/1 to notify USC. Students admitted will receive 1/2 tuition scholarship as NMF if they choose USC as their first choice college with NMSC.

How will we know our tracking number for our packages?

@179410tran You do not need to know the tracking number. If you sign up for a myUSPS account then any packages being sent to your address via PriorityMail will be picked up by your myUSPS based on address only. You can set notifications or can login to see the Priority mail scheduled to arrive at your address.

FYI - The myUSPS does not work for USC. My DD2 received acceptance in January and we were signed up for myUSPS as well as the UPS notifications (we receive notifications all the time from other shippers). USC package did not arrive until after the portal (our mailperson and local post office is awful) was updated and no notification was received via myUSPS.

@patentj Was it shipped priority mail?

They can’t be tracked. USC isn’t that stupid and is pretty aware of technology (ha), they do not allow tracking on package - it may be a free service for you to track your package, but the sender can choose not to enable it by not paying for it. If they allowed tracking they would just update the portal because tracking totally defeats the purpose of this grand production of theirs.

You can read how it works here:

"One of the many options that you can add on to your shipment is the ability to track and confirm its delivery. But how much does USPS tracking cost? In some cases, this can be a very inexpensive feature, but for volume shipping it can get more costly. Understanding exactly what USPS tracking is, and what you can expect it to do for you, is the only way to decide if you need to spend money on it.

HOW MUCH DOES USPS TRACKING COST?
On the individual package, for any First Class, Priority Mail or Priority Express Mail package, the cost of tracking is very low. It is only $1.05* directly at the post office counter, or you can add it to your online purchase for $0.23*. The tracking must be added at the time of shipping. You cannot purchase tracking for packages that are not yet shipped. In other words, you can’t tie it to a shipping number. Once the package has been shipped, you cannot add tracking to it."

I just checked the USC.edu portal at lunch and it officially says that decisions will be mailed out on the 23rd and results will be online on the 26th.

UCLA will post later tonight and their portal is “currently unavailable”

It’s going to be a really long week!

I find this angst all relatively amusing. My daughter applied to USC on 8/2/2016 at 11:04:30 PM ET. She was done and waiting on the Common Application portal to even allow her to hit submit. She was thus likely one of the very first to apply among the nearly 56K who did so. Actually, unless someone hit send in the 30-40 seconds it took her to do so… she may have been applicant #1.

And believe me, she has been extremely impatient ever since… for over 7 months now.

But, now that we are all within the final week… I simply advise that everyone chill a bit. You may not like the USC methodology of trying to orchestrate a surprise for when you open the mail… but they are very “old school” and that’s what they want from their admissions decision experience. The packets are being mailed on the 23rd and the portal will update around midnight on the 26th. Unless you are an SDA applicant and you receive an Open House Invitation in the mail tomorrow or Monday, there is no other way to learn faster than either that packet arriving in the mail on the 24th thru whenever or when that portal updates.

Luckily, my daughter will likely learn about USC before 10 other colleges. Only Emory announces sooner (with their portal update already announced for 6pm ET on the 23rd).

So good luck to all who are waiting, like my daughter is, but take a deep breath, go outside and get some fresh air, go see Logan or Beauty and the Beast, or just watch the NCAA basketball tournament or NetFlix, etc… and let it come when it will :slight_smile: