***USC Class of 2021 Discussion/Results Thread***

@CADREAMIN @WWWard you are beyond patient!

How would you even track the package with out a tracking number and if USC sent you a tracking number that would sort of give it away that you were admitted, then what would be the point in mailing it priority mail

@Greensat Since portal releases on 26th PST, wouldn’t that be Sunday 3pm, not Saturday?

12:30am PST Sunday morning/Saturday night. Supposedly. Use the time converter for your particular international location.

@GeoffWii2 posts have been referencing an effort to create or use an existing MyUSPS account with the postal service to gain notification regarding any inbound packet with tracking. But it does not work with these, so there is no point in creating such to try and gain advanced info of an admission.

To reiterate this all again for those joining late…

1. The USC admission packets are being mailed this Thursday, the 23rd, via USPS Priority Mail.
  2. No… you cannot track the package.
  3. You can however use this link: https://www.usps.com/priority-mail/map/ and USC’s zip of 90089 to estimate its arrival date. Unless you live in a rural area, most of the U.S. will receive it by Saturday.
  4. And then… you can check the portal, as it will update on the 26th just after midnight (early Sun morning), L.A. time.

Good luck to all managing the angst and stress as we wait…

What about for international students? I live in the UK, when am I expected to receive a packet?

@willigetinornaw check the USPS time estimator. Put in USC’s zip code and your own to see it. Your portal will update before you receive any physical letters

@CollegeMom48
Do you remember what day and time your daughter received her acceptance letter in the Midwest?

@Pingydpong The time of day will simply be when the postal service normally delivers your mail.

Just want to tag onto @WWWard’s and @CADREAMIN have said about when to expect the mail. We live in an area that absolutely should have been two day delivery. Families within half an hour were posting about the arrival of packages back during the scholarship notification days. My son’s package arrived on day three. No real reason other than I don’t think our mail service is all that amazing. Some days I receive nothing more than a flyer and other days ten pieces of first class mail arrive.

So don’t panic fully if you do not see something on the second day. Sample size of one…

Is USC stat heavy? Like heavy on grades and test scores?

@myreeeeen No one really knows because they have “holistic” admissions. However, the average admitted student’s GPA and SAT/ACT score is pretty high. You can look at USC’s Common Data Set to see what type of student is usually admitted.

did anyone else’s portal change? all i have now when i log in is “respond to a communication from USC,” “join our mailing list,” and “sign up for a campus tour”…

my portal is still the same

@willigetinornaw oh wow I’m from UK too! Didn’t think there were any others. What are your stats / A Levels / GCSE?

My portal is the same.

My portal looks the same still

Portal is the same for me

@toastiecheez 35 predicted in IB (USC’s average) and 1A* 5As 3Bs in IGCSE (A* in Chemistry and an A in Biology)-- Biochemistry major

i don’t think my portal changed? but i dont check it much