***USC Class of 2021 Discussion/Results Thread***

I just spent 20 minutes trying to do that, but I don’t think it works for NYC :frowning:

@DreamforIvy the weird thing about it for me was that I hadn’t lived in any of the cities or counties that it listed. It didn’t ask about graduation year.

@TreeLights That’s strange…

They have never ever been trackable, but package tracking is evolving - my guess is USC sends it without tracking enabled - meaning if technology is better than it was last year and incoming priority packages are now trackable, they will send it a different way.

They send these very fancy packages and go through all this for it to be a surprise so students get the ol’ fashion wow at the mailbox (like the old coke commercials) - I don’t think they are going to be outsmarted by an evolving mail system. But I could totally be wrong, I base my info on what has been done in the past. I am always hoping they will someday send scholarship and “no scholarship letters” at the same time to end the torture of thinking mail is lost or delayed, etc. Maybe someday…

In the past they do not update twitter or facebook when these go out. They do for the big March results, but not the scholarship mailings. I am thinking maybe @hope4usc has a contact on the inside that will know if they go out… :wink:

@DreamforIvy Thanks! It worked :slight_smile:

@TreeLights I’m actually a quadruplet but my twin sister and I are the ones who are applying to the same schools. we are both strong applicants so I wouldn’t say that we’re a package deal necessarily but in previous years I’ve seen schools tend to keep siblings together :slight_smile: we did apply to different schools within USC however

anyone as excited as me? i really wish that i get the invitation.

@slightlymad Yes, irrationally so! And being on the east coast, I have to wait until Monday to be let down. :-S

@HopingForUSC you never know when life takes a good turn.

wish i was a us citizen. financial aid is a bar for internationals. @HopingForUSC what are ur stats?

@HopingForUSC I’m on the east coast too, you’re not alone. Just gonna enjoy the weekend

@slightlymad I’m luckily in the top 1% for test score, but in USC’s middle 50% for gpa. @NayaTheVA I’m near DC, so it’s not exactly the best weekend for me to try to enjoy :frowning: ! It’s crazy around here with all the traffic, road closures, etc. But, I’m trying!

Good luck to all USC applicants hoping for a merit scholarship announcement or invitation. My daughter is among your ranks. I believe that every applicant likely has a component or two of their cumulative application packet that is stronger or more favorable. In my daughter’s case, her GPA, rank, ECs, essays and creative portfolio as an SCA applicant are likely perceived to be stronger attributes than her test scores, which fall more into the 97th-98th percentile nationally. As such, I will be curious to see what type of applicant receives the “white box” on Sat-Mon… and possibly determine what they favor in their review process. Ultimately, since USC is her top choice, we are just hoping for a favorable admission decision… whether it comes this coming week or in late March.

Keep those fingers crossed :slight_smile:

How come everyone is still convinced that scholarship decisions are being mailed today? The USC website and twitter both say that those who are getting a scholarship will receive notification of their status in February.

Cause it says that every year and they always release them in January. For last 7 years that has been consistent. It could be next Friday however but @hopingforusc seemed to have an inside track and said today. What makes it tough to call is the 20th seems early but the 27th seems late. We’ll see…

wait, so do internationals have to wait until tuesday to see if they’ve been selected?? is it like updated on the portal or something?? im so nervous lol

Internationals typically find out in portal before package arrives. Packcages were sent DHL last few years. They arrive quickly for some considering international but generally portal is first.

@mgb1311 A while back I was told today is the day by Viterbi and reported it here and @hhjjlala got confirmation of that from Dornsife a few days ago.

For merit scholarship, my gpa, test acre are supposed to be high? Or do I need any hook?

Great teamwork @hopingnforusc and @hhjjlala! Here’s hoping. Likely no results till tomorrow then although they have been known to personally deliver a package in socal but that may be legend. If out today socal will start getting soaked with them tomorrow. Last year someone knew somebody in admissions and was able to confirm they went out Friday mid day to afternoon.