***USC Class of 2021 Discussion/Results Thread***

does USC send out links to its portal after u submit ur application like other schools?

@kbn2015 Yes, don’t worry if you don’t get it right away, sometimes it takes a couple days.

Did you guys fill in the part on the USC app where it asks all your courses and grades? I don’t get why we have to do that since they’ll be getting our transcript anyway…

@wormholes I filled it in, but I wasn’t sure why that was there either.

They actually do expect that you will have everything in by December 1st, but on a recent online chat the AO said that if your materials (ACT scores or transcripts) won’t be in by the deadline then you should email your admissions counselor and attach unofficial copies. They’ve already started reviewing applications - I am not sure why someone said they wait until mid December.

@jmek15 How would you attach the unofficial copies??? Do you have to fax it to them?

@wormholes I downloaded my score report from ACT and emailed it directly to my admissions counselor.

@wormholes

For extra or supplemental items that you deem important enough to be made a part of your admissions file (Resumes, extra recommendations, etc), you may email directly or have recommenders, etc email directly to USC Admissions via admscan@usc.edu This is preferred over faxing.

Anything emailed there will be scanned and attached to your Application File. I would include or have them include your full name, date of birth, common application ID # and USC ID # (if already known/assigned).

I do not recommend overwhelming them with extra items though. Just keep in mind that they are reviewing 50K+ applications.

Good Luck

@saskey12 Did you write your USC number on it or anything? Idk I asked my school counselor and she said as long as you sent them before the deadline it’s ok if they reach later…

@WWWard Hmmm ok. You only get your USC ID after you apply, right?

@wormholes Usually. My daughter had her’s before somehow. But your name, DOB and ComApp ID should suffice.

hello!
I just finished my app to Annenberg… anyone else apply there?

@wormholes there is a way on the My SAT link on Collegeboard.org to download a PDF of your report. Go to My Score Reports and then on the top right you will see download report. Then you’ll have a PDF you can attach to an email to your admissions officer. You can also upload this PDF to your portal if you already have gotten one.

@CAtransplant ah ok thank you!! I just dont want to go through this unnecessarily if they have already received my scores. I requested both my SAT IIs and my ACT to be sent last Tuesday; do you think they would have been received yet?

@wormholes possibly - you can check that too - if you go to the My SAT site and click on Score Send, it will show you if its been sent and what date. If it says Fulfilled that means they sent it. I actually called the College Board yesterday because I’d seen on a page of theirs that any SATs ordered after Nov. 13 would not be sent until Dec. 2. The woman on the phone insisted to me that there was nothing to this and that they are just sent 1-2 weeks after request but then I checked today and all my ones requested on 11/21 had been sent today! So there’s no telling but you can check!

You can actually have a USC id long before applying.

@CAtransplant Ok, all my scores say fulfilled, so I think SAT IIS have been sent! Dont know about ACT though and there’s no way to check :frowning:

@CADREAMIN how’s that? oh well too late now anyway haha

I’ve seen that scholarship decisions come out end of Jan…does this also include the National Merit scholarship? Do people applying for that also find out in end of Jan? I don’t understand…I’m pretty sure we only find out Finalist status in Feb so how could we know whether we got into USC with NM scholarship by end of Jan?

My DS is sending in his application (finally) today - does anyone know the time of the deadline - 5pm Pacific time? midnight/ I did not see info on the USC website about this. thanks!

@CA1543 I believe it’s 11:59pm Pacific…

Also yes, you can have a USC ID before you apply. I got one off of registering from some kind of mailer they sent me. I just did it to show interest, but then I was able to use that same login to view my application portal, which was nice.