***USC Class of 2021 Discussion/Results Thread***

Are the BFA/BA candidates (SDA) considered for these merit awards given that the acting auditions are just now underway? When I looked at the Dramatic Arts website, it says scholarships are reserved for students who have completed a minimum of one year as a dramatic arts major at USC.

@s0meUSCkid95

Any chance we can get conformation on if the letters were sent out yesterday?

@anitapitamom I would guess that BA is lumped in with the regular students since it’s not an actual audition just a phone interview. I’m guessing that the only way a BFA student would get a scholarship letter would be if their stats were very high and it would be based on their second choice major.

@WWWard when you say if your D does not get a freshman suite, you’ll be apartment shopping - does that mean that freshman are not required to live on campus?

@CAtransplant I believe freshman are not required to live on campus, But, as I am aware, over 99% do.

Has anyone in southern california received anything?

@rmarczak We’ll be keeping an eye out; mail usually comes in around 11:30~1:00 PT

@koppina thank you.

@CAtransplant As @Hockey9131 said… most do, but it is not a requirement.

When SoCal residents get the package, can you please tell what county you’re in (if you’re comfortable doing that)? Some places are within 1 day USPS service area, but some counties such as San Diego are listed as 2 day delivery.

@youcee because mailing is occurring during the week and not the weekend, it’ll be faster than normal. Norcal people might also get something today

https://www.usps.com/priority-mail/map/

To me, it looks more like only LA and Orange County are 1 day-please, correct me if I’m wrong here

I’m in one of the 2 day districts, but I believe that my brother, graduated 2 years ago, received his package on Saturday. So we got it in 1 day even though the map says 2.

I take it no one’s USPS tracking service isn’t showing any incoming packages…?

Anyone else concerned that, like sheep, ha, that we are all just following along the word of a poster with like 40 total posts? No one else has verified they actually went out, I think I will go with cadreamin and hope they are right but believe it when someone posts they have a package.

USPS tracking service isn’t showing any incoming packages for me.

@scotlandcalling I emailed by admissions counselor and he told me that students will be notified this week.

The reason the admit packages don’t show is myUSPS, is because they are technically letters, not packages. I suspect this is done on purpose, both to save money and preserve the surprise. I doubt they would change that this year, or ever, knowing it would ruin the moment of excitement. Unless USPS starts allowing you to track letters, you won’t know.

@davisbn That implies that they have been mailed… as they do not update the portals or notify applicants until they perceive that most mailings have arrived already.

@davisbn that’s good to hear. Wondered if her were being punk’d!