***USC Class of 2021 Discussion/Results Thread***

Didn’t get anything in the Dallas, Texas area.

anyone get anything in GA?

Anyone in Illinois that got in?

@rsmith0208 - Congrats! I think he has to go to USC for an interview for that scholarship. What an amazing opportunity!

@rsmith0208 Trustee (full tuition) and Presidential (half tuition) invitees are just that–invited to interview for those scholarships. No one has been awarded one of those yet. For those with no mention of Trustee or Presidential, you have likely been awarded the Dean’s (quarter tuition). No interview necessary.

For those who have received invites to interview, congrats! I recommend signing up for the dates you want as soon as possible so that you get your choice of dates.

@Dolemite Congratulations! I hope your D will love USC as much as my S. And we are very fortunate and grateful for this wonderful financial windfall. As for the TEP announcement, I received an email from USC Academic Records and Registrar office about the TEP award around the same time as we got the acceptance packet. In looking back my old emails, I applied for TEP just before Christmas, so it took just over a month. But as you are well aware, your college and USC will have to match import/export student ratio. If you have more than one student from your college going to USC, the same number of USC faculty kids will have to be “exported” to your college in order to for every student in your college to receive TEP. If not, the order, I was told, is determined by the TEP application submission date (first come, first served basis). Good luck and start making plans to visit the campus in the Spring.

Nothing in alabama :frowning:

@Anamgol Thank you! I actually called and left a voice mail with the TEP person in the AR&R office. Hope to hear something soon.

@Dolemite I would send them an email as well. If you need the email address, just DM me. I find that they respond much faster by email than by phone.

Since the letters are only invitations, how do we know if we are awarded dean’s schlorship which is without interview

Guys, don’t lose hope just yet! The priority mail tracking website says “Exceptions apply and delivery time is not guaranteed.”
At least wait until the portal is updated before you make any conclusions :slight_smile:

@rsmith0208 Since you got the invite for trustee, you are not eligible for dean’s.

According to CADREAMIN and others who are way more knowledgeable, everyone who gets an acceptance packet NOW will receive at least the Dean’s (1/4) scholarship if the letter does not state whether your student is invited for one of the 4 scholarship interviews. @rsmith0208 I thought you said that your student was invited for the Trustee interview. That is a full tuition scholarship. Of course, I heard from last year that following the interview, a student can get either bump down or bump up from his/her original scholarship award.

If you receive the white box, you are admitted, regardless of whether you obtain a scholarship?

D just opened the box! She is invited for Trustee scholarship. Very excited :slight_smile:

Has anyone gotten the coveted box in Washington state?

@binky17 Yes.

Thx @TimeUpJunior

The box contains a Certificate of Admission or something like that with the student’s name.

You cannot track these. USC would have to pay to enable tracking and they wouldn’t want to do that.

No scholarship mention in letter means Deans. You will not interview and receive a 1/4. If you are NMF that will bump up to Pesidential which is 1/2.

If you got package you are accepted!

Congrats Day 2ers!