***USC Class of 2021 Discussion/Results Thread***

@Mom22DDs We didn’t see any place on the USC application to specifically indicate NMSF or to say whether you’d indicated it as first choice. He just listed it under honors as usual.

From what others have said (I have no special knowledge other than what I read here), these boxes are only for the ~500-600 or so scholarships aside from NMF. Plenty more kids will be admitted in March, and those who are admitted and NMF will get the NMF scholarship.

@Mom22DDs She will be considered like any other early USC applicant who didn’t get a white box. The difference is if she does get admitted in March she will get half tuition off.

Thank you @masalvada123 @CADREAMIN and @Ynotgo for the clarification. Will wait for March results.

Got the White box (mail delivery is late here - (we are in NY - north of NYC). So happy for DS - accepted to Viterbi Engineering for EE & finalist for Presidential Scholarship - really a big (happy) surprise. Looking forward to the early March visit.

Nothing received in Seattle. Has anyone from the Pacific NW gotten anything?

USC accepts around 9000 students based on last year’s stat. So, if you didn’t get the package yet, do not despair. Vast majority of the newly admitted students will be notified in March.

Mailman just came, but nothing for us, San Diego. 4.0u/4.8w, 34ACT, My D is crying, I don’t know what to do!!!

Anyone in Colorado?

@mochiko I think it was previously mentioned that it’s not all about GPA and ACT/SAT scores. There are different factors such as ECs, essays, etc that play a significant role, too. Hopefully she gets in later!

one question, anyone know when and time USC portal will be updated? If we don’t get a letter today, there should be nothing on portal,too?

Nothing in Vegas today (which I assume means no scholarship). Congrats to all who received it! :slight_smile:

@thecheesemaniac haven’t checked yet. I will post on here once I open up the mailbox

nothing in Davis, CA today. going to wait until tomorrow before ruling it out entirely, but probably nothing. Hopefully I’ll get in and still get the NMF scholarship :slight_smile: congrats to those who got in!

@mochiko I am so sorry for your daughter, but this is such a competitive process and many more kids will be disappointed than not. Tell her that she is a great student and that she has done her very best and worked hard to achieve everything she could. There will be more ups and downs, but in the end, she will get rewarded for her hard work.

I’m a full tuition finalist from Kentucky. Does this mean I am competing for all three Trustee, Stamps, and Morks?

Portal updates on 26th per admissions which is tomorrow. In the past they have updated it at around 1:00am (so just after midnight tonight), I do not know if that is the time this year, but has been last few.

I think the kids that know they are coming have waited long enough, hope they update early.

Thanks. She had 11 APs, +200 community works, and 11 years basketball,she is just a hard working student, we are so really sad, and we just want to believe that maybe mail can come tomorrow… so, anyone can tell me what USC portal will be updated?

OMG I THOUGHT I HAD GOTTEN NOTHING BUT I GOT IN I GOT IN I GOT IN!!! 1440 on the SAT AND nominated for a full tuition scholarship to Annenberg!!!

What is hard for many to realize is that there are actually many 4.0 33+ACT types don’t even get admitted in March go round. That is really brutal for these kids (and parents) who poured all their effort into high school - it is normal for them to think they will get in and many think they will get a scholarship. Normal to think that, yes, but the reality is, with an international population of 35%+ at USC, every student is competing with the world in a system with many checks and balances that go well beyond gpa and test scores. But these kids don’t get that, nor should they be concerned with it and just do their best. Not to be doom and gloom but the one thing you can do for her now is to be sure she has at least one other school she loves come March, just in case. USC should never be a dream school that a student invests in too emotionally, it’s too risky. But unfortunately, so many do and it hurts to see it.

This isn’t the USC of a decade or two ago, it is so brutally competitive.

@KerriFan Your letter should state which scholarship you are being considered for. If I am not mistaken, Trustee is for full tuition only, while Stamp and Mork scholarships are full tuition + $5000/year.