UVA EA 2026 thread

A specific time has not been announced. Last year it was 5 pm. This year, Dean J has said it will be “tonight”, and that the IT team will start loading the decisions at “the end of the day” but she doesn’t know how long it will take them. Most people are speculating between 5 and 7 pm.

EA 2024 and 2025 were released at 5pm EST regardless of the date. There is 80% chance that it will be the same time this year (EA2026). 20% 6pm if the IT team is a bit sluggish :slight_smile:

He was deferred at Univ of South Carolina? That seems so crazy when they let almost any South Carolina student in there tbh. He was wronged on that one for sure.

6 Likes

This won’t be relevant for UVA, because thankfully they are as straightforward in the admissions process as can be. BUT…we have a solid network of outside college advisors- many of whom used to work for the “elite” schools in admissions and still have very close contacts there. According to them, deferrals for non “hooked” applicants are legitimately that this year- deferrals. Some might get in, others might not. But they are seeing an overwhelming number or deferrals for kids who do not have the hooks- POC, underrepresented, first gen, etc. Perfect example is UPenn. For the first year, they did not announce legacy in ED and their class had by far the highest diversity of any ED ever. This is by NO means any judgement one way or another, but for the typical non-hooked candidate this has clearly been the most difficult early round in history.

7 Likes

And this was after SC mailed him two letters asking him to apply and said he would qualify for a scholarship. Go figure!

3 Likes

In: UNC, UT Austin, GT, KU, Indiana, Villanova
Deferred: Penn, UChicago, UMichigan

may I know why you are still applying to colleges cause you got into Villanova ED? sorry for snooping

nvm you mustve applied EA… I was not aware villanova had one

None of them were ED.

Sorry. Penn was ED. I got deferred into RD.

Accepted: Georgetown, UMichigan, Caltech
Deferred: Georgia Tech
Rejected: Notre Dame

3 Likes

Extrapolating, the UM was probably a yield protect and a likely admit. Good luck with all!

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing. Engineering is an even tougher road, as I know from my S20! S22 applying to Arts & Science Schools but wants to double major in Physics/Math. Rejected at Penn and UNC, deferred from Michigan, accepted at 3 safeties. Still waiting on several RD decisions BUT to @westchesterdad22’s point, early round has been brutal for students like my son (and so many others) who have worked hard, have stellar academic records/rigor/test scores/EC’s/essays (look great on paper) BUT do not have any type of unique “hook”. . . .

3 Likes

Accepted: UW madison, UMD + honors

Rejected NYU stern

1 Like

I feel your pain! I can only hope the deferrals will be later acceptances once they are done getting in their hooks!

2 Likes

you have very good options in hand. very happy for you.

1 Like

For me so far:
Accepted: Minnesota, Delaware, CatholicU, Richmond
Deferred: Georgetown, UChicago
Rejected: UNC

UVA is a top choice for me so I’m really hopeful!

3 Likes

Good luck Moss22!

We went through a pretty brutal time last year with our S21. He was rejected Northwestern ED (1570 SAT, 4th in class, great chem research, fun essays, etc.) and then was deferred EVERYWHERE he wanted to go after that in the EA round. He got into UM after deferral and was set to go there before Ivy day and what we’re calling a “back door” acceptance to Cornell lol. He’s loving it. Really, in today’s world, the kids need to almost shotgun applications to 9-12 target/reach schools and be prepared to fall in love wherever they get in. Test optional has made it practically impossible for a process to be “fair”. Not because of test optional, but because it has opened up the ability for SO many kids to apply to these schools. The schools aren’t expanding their classes, so naturally it’s more difficult for everyone to get in. You need a little luck everywhere. I’d be curious to hear from someone like Dean J- how many kids does she read the application of and think “damn, I wish I had a spot for this one”? I’d guess it’s much higher today than it was three years ago.

9 Likes

For me so far:
Accepted: UDelaware + honors, Vermont, Case Western, and Pitt
Deferred: UW Madison, and W&M (ED)

Really really really really hoping for a UVA acceptance!

3 Likes