UVA EA 2026 thread

Early Action Admission Statistics: Notes from Peabody: The UVA Application Process: 2022 Early Action Admission Statistics for #UVA

44 Likes

Thank you for always being so transparent about the admissions process and keeping us informed! Keep up the good work!

10 Likes

Agreed, thank you so much! Greatly appreciated. Best wishes to all

2 Likes

I appreciate your transparency through this process so much (all the dog pictures and videos are a huge bonus). Either way, I feel confident that my D will have gotten a full review of her application- thank you to you and your team!

2 Likes

bit surprised the in-state EA number of applications isn’t higher.

in state also had 1/3 of the amount applicants, I think that makes a difference

1 Like

Seriously. She is the BOMB.

3 Likes

Any idea when decisions come out?

tonight. People suspect between 5-7 pm EST

Who’s ready?

no one and everyone

7 Likes

About 90,000-100,000 students graduate from high school in VA every year. Last year the total in -state apps were about 14,000. I am assuming this year will again be about the same 14-15K range. That is a big % of high-school graduates applying to a small # of seats at the state’s flagship school.

for me (CA resident btw):

Accepted: UNC, UW Madison, UMiami (full ride), Indiana, Ohio State

Deferred: Michigan

4 Likes

Thank you!!! Best Dean in all of undergraduate admissions!

2 Likes

Assuming most of if not all top VA students apply, with 30% acceptance rate, you need to be roughly top 5% to get accepted.

1 Like

Virginia residents have been applying in smaller numbers than OOS for a very long time. Most kids and their schools have a good idea of whether they are viable instate candidates. You don’t tend to see Virginia kids with lower GPA and test scores, mediocre EC’s bother to apply! Good luck to all! It’s a great school.

4 Likes

It might also have to do with the much higher in-state tuition at UVA compared to other state schools

Does anyone know if Echols Scholars are released today along with acceptance letters?

Echols will be posted next week.

2 Likes

thanks! good luck to ALL!!!