UVA EA 2026 thread

out of state

1 Like

thank you!!!

D22 accepted- OOS - 3.9UW 4.6W- 1530 SAT. no scholarship info and major info in the letter

4 Likes

In or OOS?
Sounds very much like DD who was accepted – and I hear DEFERRED is not a soft no this year, so I wouldn’t lose hope yet, TBH!!!

1 Like

Deferred…
1520 SAT
Latino Male OOS
14 AP classes ( includes AP STAT & AP Japanese)
President of Club
Chairman of Youth Organization
4 year varsity player
Many volunteer hrs
High GPA

One door closes, another opens…
Good luck everyone.

2 Likes

D22 accepted - in state - 3.91UW, 1510, most rigorous, lots of Leadership and long term EC

2 Likes

You have great stats! What major?

In state and another deferral (after Duke, UChicago, MIT), oh well.

4.0UW/4.7W
1500/35
10 APs
Research experience with an Ivy professor
Semi-finalist to USAPhO
Work experience in medical field
Four years of marching band with leadership positions
President to three or four clubs
And I got “professional” help with my essays

So disappointed, guess I am not as good as I thought.

2 Likes

D22 accepted - OOS - 3.98UW, 1510/34, good ECs. She’s very pleased after EA deferrals from Villanova and Notre Dame.

3 Likes

Congrats to her on all those great acceptances! Very impatiently waiting on VT!!

1 Like

u are great…trust me…u will love where u go! and be a star!

2 Likes

Sorry to hear-you do sound amazing! Deferred is not rejected! I think you will end up with great offers. Good luck.

im scared to check are the emails different for accepted vs denied?

DD was accepted. She’s in state. Got rejected at UNC.

1 Like

Something better might be waiting for you. don’t get disappointed.

Thank you! I applied 15 out of top 18 schools, I will be happy if I can land any of them. I will accept the fact that I am not good enough if none of them accepts me. :rofl:

Political Science…

oh matt…i am a mom…and was the head a of big private school’s parent teacher association. soooooooo many kids i know got into their “top” school and got Cs and hated the culture. trust me. sometimes going to the next best thing is better! the kids who ended up at their “next” choice had straight As and loved college. u will be all cool!

12 Likes

As expected by now, another rejection for DS. So hard to get in OOS this cycle, even with 3.95 GPA and 1560 SAT, especially for engineering. Congrats to all who were accepted and good luck to those who were deferred.

2 Likes

You will get into at least one of those schools! Hang in there!