UVA EA / ED Fall 2023

Thanks! Very nerve wrecking/ but everything will work out in the end.

3 Likes

This is my last stop after making posts in the popular student spots (tiktok, instagram, reddit, discord, twitter). Good luck, everyone!

Details: Notes from Peabody: The UVA Application Process: #UVA Early Action Update

33 Likes

Thanks. An OOS alum is patiently waiting.

2 Likes

Context for that ranking stat. We’re required to generate it, but it is about the 44% of the students that attended a school that ranked. It’s showing the results of the process. Our decisions aren’t driven by rank, as we don’t even get rank from most schools.

The % with rank is reported right in the chart with the stat. See the third tab here and scroll to the last chart: Undergraduate Admissions | Institutional Research and Analytics, U.Va.

15 Likes

Good luck to all the applicants!!

6 Likes

Good luck to everyone, if you student is accepted, they will love UVA, if not accepted they will find another school to love.

13 Likes

On behalf of this parent thank you to your staff for all the hard work they did during what must have been a terribly distressing and disruptive time for your college community. And thank you for the transparency and data throughout.

15 Likes

Does UVA release financial aid at the same time as EA decisions? Thanks!

1 Like

We’re in state, so we didnt bother applying nor are we assuming merit. Really havent been paying attention so honestly dont know. Sorry. If i had to GUESS, i would say its handled separately.

2 Likes

Early Action Admission statistics: Notes from Peabody: The UVA Application Process: 2023 #UVA Early Action Admission Statistics (Unofficial)

If you’re familiar with our website, presentations, publications, or my social media, the numbers aren’t all that surprising. We share the in-state and out-of-state rates often so students are aware of how selective the process is.

21 Likes

Thank you - appreciate your hard work and passion!

5 Likes

You are amazing - thank you for being so communicative throughout this whole process!

7 Likes

UVA’s OOS EA acceptance rate this year is 12%. That’s down from 16% last year.

1 Like

Increases the stress a bit. Hoping for at least a deferral. OOS is tough!

3 Likes

I hate to rain on your parade, but UVA accepted only about 2% of those OOS applicants who were deferred last year (83 of 5127).

4 Likes

Yep. I’ve seen the numbers.

3 Likes

It will be tough I wished we lived in Va.

2 Likes

Stressful for IS as well! Ready for the decisions though so we can just know. We know some people at IB and Math and Science academy that got rejected during ED as opposed to just deferred so that’s a bit scary.

1 Like

Will have to buy some of my DD fave snacks tomorrow and boba to help minimize the sting a little if the outcome is not favorable.

2 Likes

Please remember that the total number of defers changes constantly. Students withdraw throughout the season. That’s why I started sharing the raw number of defer offers instead of a percentage.

9 Likes