UW Class of 2025 Waitlist

I feel like it wouldn’t have just been those students admitted considering admission offers come in waves.

The poster on the other thread lives in Chicago.

Can you link the other thread please, I can’t find it for some reason

Parents of the HS Class of 2021 (Part 3)

Yeah, I was looking at the thread, and I even dmed one of the people I’m guessing was the head of one of the schools. He said that all the kids at a high school in Colorado got offered admission off the waitlist, but one person accepted it, and the rest declined. I think it’s probably likely they are admitting waves of students by high school. I’m from a high school in-state that is well known for many people going to Madison, and many people at my school also didn’t accept their admission to Madison, so I’m hoping this would mean a good chance.

I live in massachusetts do you guys think they’ve gotten to the east coast yet?
Edit: There are already a couple guys from my school going, does that hurt my chances since I’m OOS

Correction the guy I was talking to was talking about the University of Michigan. There is a guy on the other thread who is talking about some students getting admitted at Madison, I’m talking to him now.

Oh keep us updated!!!

Here’s what he said after I asked him about what state the students got admitted from:

“Illinois and I’ve heard that Wisconsin took a lot more kids from our area this year because of state funding issues there (something we’re used to here) and they really want the OOS money. No idea if that’s true or not, but to have 30+ kids going there is insane. My son who graduated high school in 2015 had only about 15 even get into [Madison]”(University of Wisconsin - College Confidential Forums) and this year everyone seems to have gotten in, including kids that this would have been considered a HUGE reach for.

1 Like

Does UW usually release decisions in waves based on region or not? Hopefully what the person said means that they’ll let in more people everywhere else too

I’m not sure if the decisions are released by region on an annual basis, but for this year, it implies to me that they are. They will naturally accept more people from OOS, so that would mean good news for you. If your high school has multiple UW - Madison applicants, your chances are even better. I guess my advice is to make your application as appealing as possible and send in a LOCI if you haven’t already. Keep a lookout in the portal, and hopefully, things go your way. I’ll be in the Madison area if you need any help with anything, assuming you do get admitted!

has anyone tried pressing on ‘make appointment’ and logging in with their net id for vaccination?

what does it say for y’all

We apologize that new patient registration is not available at this time. Please email us at myuhs@uhs.wisc.edu and we will be happy to assist you.

Do you guys think that if they close the WL they’ll let us know?

Yes they mentioned that.

Has anybody received a decision?

Apparently some people from Chicago got decisions several days ago but nothing since I think

Sharing what saw on FB Page …

100 accepted freshman have received email that they are beyond capacity for housing including after converting one hotel to housing.

These accepted students are scrambling for leases at apartments now.

This doesn’t mean they won’t accept more kids yet clearly have some capacity issues already.

The Housing department when contacted said it was unlikely they would get to anyone on the housing waitlist.

Again, this is just housing yet does show a lot accepted their offer or deferred from last year and coming.

1 Like

Would that mean a less likely chance for OOS students actually to accept their admissions? I mean, like, where else are y’all gonna stay unless it’s some private housing not associated with the school.